Detroit, MichiganSr. Mobile Device Software Developer #881767
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines, designs, builds, tests, deploys, and supports software systems.
- Leads and develops technical and business systems related activities of major significance to the Customer.
- Coaches and counsels project managers and Customers on technical solutions.
- Responsible for assisting in the business proposal process.
- Develops principles and concepts and innovative solutions for the Customer enterprise.
- Develops/maintains depth and breadth across lines of business.
- Regularly interacts with senior management/major Customers.
- Interactions normally involve complex situations and/or influencing and persuading other strategic level managers.
- Provides application programming/systems development and support for complex systems.
- Sets technical direction for the project/application.
- Provides program/project leadership for Customer solutions.
- Engages in business development. Develops communication plans for projects based on systems view.
- Teams with Customers to assess concerns/requirements and develops specific strategies.
- Integrates interrelated projects and manages projects Leads technical planning process.
- Defines consistent project management standards and procedures across the organization.
- Employs consistent measurement techniques.
- Informs Customers about emerging technologies and business implications based on the project and their overall business.
- Develops intermediate and detailed schedules that support the high-level master schedule and understands the interrelationships among the various levels of schedules.
- Develops alternative proposed project plans to support new business opportunities.
- Develops project management deliverables required to support a request for proposal or quotation.
- Evaluates Customer business, technical architecture processes, and objectives using the business enterprise models.
- Leads in the application of the organizational change management process to facilitate a smooth Customer implementation.
As a Sr Mobile Developer, you will be involved in all aspects of leading, and developing, new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP). In this highly collaborative, multi-functional, and Agile environment, you will…
- Build industry leading mobile apps for connected vehicles on a global scale
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
- Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
- Test-drive code (Test Driven Development)
- Pair program and coach people in industry standard practices
- Work with the Product Owner and help break down high-level business requirements to smaller tasks
- Report status of assigned software development tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology and propose necessary changes
- Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as functional/acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members.
- Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations
- Work with the System Architects and help build out the overall Mobile Architecture vision
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience developing software in one or more of the following domains:
- Mobile for Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad) platforms or other mobile device platforms.
- Provides leadership and guidance to others when working with the Customer.
- Understands the Customer’s industry and is familiar with related industries.
- Handles diverse, complex assignments concurrently.
- Reviews project plans prepared by others in the organization.
- Applies broad-based knowledge and experience to identify, evaluate and recommend new processes and tools.
- Recommends appropriate technology for project tool selection.
- Experience 3 years +
- Looks for software engineering, but not required (vary by work experience)
- React Native framework, 3+ years of experience. Understanding of Hybrid Applications using RN
- Swift Programming language, 3+ years of experience
- iOS SDK, 3+ years of experience
- Good understanding of Unit Testing, TDD preferred
- Open to consider candidates with strong React.js experience 5+ years, willing to learn Native development
- Scrum Agile framework
- Apple and Google HIG understanding
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
- Mobile development (one of the three) – React Native, or Native Android, or Native iOS
- Team player. We do a lot of pair programming, and we are very supportive of one another. Hard Worker. Technically Skilled.
- Experience working with iOS Native SDK using Swift and/or Objective-C
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/