Auburn Hills, Michigan
Powertrain HIL Plant Modeling Engineer #771047
- The Powertrain Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) Plant Modeling Engineer's job is to create and maintain plant models that represent powertrain subsystems.
- Required to design models for flexibility and reuse -- common models are used across a wide range of applications through specific sets of parameters which are maintained separately from the generic models.
- The engineer needs to architect models into separate libraries for each subsystem and for interfaces to real I/O.
- The engineer uses design data, performance specifications, and experimental data (such as engine performance from dynamometer tests) to extract parameters for the models.
- This job entails working as part of a team of modeling engineers with assignments that rotate among different powertrain subsystems as requirements for new features dictate.
- Testing and verification are part of the responsibility, as is supporting users who use the test equipment.
- The models are correlated with real-world data to prove their accuracy.
- Courses, projects, or work related to modeling and simulation
- Knowledge of automotive powertrain subsystems (engines, transmissions) required
- Experience with test systems and electronics laboratory work: trouble-shooting, use of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters and electronics bench tools
- Understanding of automotive electronics, preferably powertrain control systems
- Experience with embedded control, MATLAB and Simulink required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to work in an occasional flexible schedule to accommodate international meetings
- Must be a self-starter -BSME or BSEE with 3 to 5 years of work experience OR MSME or MSEE with 2 to 4 years of work experience.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/