Deerfield, IllinoisSr. Tax Analyst #883315
- This position will take a hands-on role in supporting the state income and franchise tax function within the domestic tax compliance team, including preparation and filing of our U.S. state income tax returns and supporting workpapers.
- In certain instances, this role may review work performed by other staff members.
- This role will also prepare responses to information document requests issued by state income tax authorities, resolve notices, and assist with department automation efforts.
- Support the U.S. state income and franchise tax compliance process to meet external filing requirements, which includes complying with internal and external deadlines and managing multiple workstreams to prepare and file the U.S. state income and franchise tax returns, estimates, and extensions in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare U.S. state income and franchise tax returns within Corptax, including supporting workpapers. In certain instances, this role may also review work performed by other staff members
- Maintain state income tax return filing calendars to ensure compliance with all deadlines
- Assist with implementing process improvement matters related to the state income and franchise tax return compliance process, including but not limited to reformatting workpapers to drive efficiencies and automation opportunities to reduce/eliminate non-value add work
- Incorporate the impact of state income tax law changes to ensure the accurate filing of the company’s state income and franchise tax returns, plus associated estimate and extension calculations
- Prepare responses to information document requests and tax notices issued by state income tax authorities related to state income and franchise tax matters to be reviewed by company tax managers
- 3-5 overall years corporate income tax background - state emphasis desired
- Public accounting or large corporation background desired
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Tax preparation software proficiency desired, CorpTax highly preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills to work within large tax department
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills for multi-tasking
- Accounting undergraduate degree required - CPA or MST highly preferred
Top 3 Skills Required in Contractor:
- State Income Tax Compliance background
- Familiarity with Corptax Software
- Ability to meet deadlines
Annual travel requirement:
- Domestic travel required, approx. 0-5%
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/