Plymouth, MichiganEmbedded Software Engineer #888323
What you will do:
You will be a critical contributor to our Cloud connected product development team. In this role you will utilize modern technologies to build embedded edge device for JCI connected BAS (Building Management System) products. You will be primarily working on design and implementation of both kernel space and user space components of the edge devices.
How you will do it:
- Our project team as individual contributor, understand design given by team leader and translate design into software code and test code
- Deliver production quality software code by code reviewing, automatic testing and following CI/CD methodology
- Active player on SAFe ART, participate PI planning, sprint planning, review and daily standup meetings
- Desire to jump in where needed. Resolve blocking issues and/or guide junior members to resolve issues
- learn new technologies, and work effectively across the full stack
What we look for:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2 years of experience in the software industry
- Good understanding and hands-on experience on embedded Linux system
- Excellent C/C++ coding and debugging skills
- RUST language coding skill is highly preferred
- Understanding to Docker based containerization technology is highly preferred
- Good Python coding skills
- js coding skill is a plus
- Experience on working with team using GitHub, JIRA tools
- Experience on working on project using SAFe process is a plus
- Passion for technology: quickly learn new technologies and willing to dump into new domains
- Global Perspective: Ability to work collaboratively in global teams
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/