Warren, MichiganIT Software Engineer 5 #888309
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
Someone who likes to take ownership. We are broken down into multiple teams and it is important that each team and its members can take ownership and work autonomously on the features that are given to them.
- Senior full stack software engineer
- Heavy emphasis on react
- Need to know react inside and out: design patterns, tools, testing
- Need to know backends with java and SpringBoot (highly preferred)
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- Be a player coach, and perform development and testing activities as needed
- Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and quick prototypes
- Commit and deliver well-defined solutions
- Multi-functional collaboration with other development teams and/or support functions
- Career development coaching and mentoring activities for team members and direct reports
- Develop and follow the specified software development methodology and standards
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance-test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Document software design and ensure that user documentation (e.g. configuration guides, installation guides, etc.) meets requirements
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Promote tools ecosystem within the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Automate testing processes
- Work closely with peers, developers, and cross-functional teams
- Guardian, Onstar onto mobile device
- Mostly outside of the vehicle, this is mobile focused
- Currently developer would be working on advisor facing tools to aid with customer issues
- Some customer facing web applications
- Ramping up
- Team is broken down into sub teams
- This seniored person needs to be able to break down the features into tasks
- Should be highly independent in leading the team
- Will be a lot of collaboration with other web developers, doing peer reviews, helping to dictate how their work process is done
- Experience in latest technology
- Experience in a leading role
- Exposure to a big customer facing product (on star guardian)
- Agile team, highly collaborative
- Mobile team has weekly releases, constantly deploying
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- 10+ years of professional software design and development experience
- 7+ years Full Stack development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or 4 years equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong working knowledge of web development and technologies using a cloud environment such as Azure
- Demonstrated knowledge in software programming languages (Python, Java, web development, Angular, C, C++ and C#)
- Development methodologies (Reusable Code, Code Review, Unit Testing)
- Source control software (Git or TFS).
- Experience with CI/CD technologies and build pipelines
- Experience with agile teams to deliver software (including participation in code reviews)
- Experience with React
- Strong technical communication skills
- Experience providing technical guidance to team members
- Creative, well-adapted sense of responsibility
Experience or knowledge of the following tools:
- Frameworks like SpringBoot/Junit
- Azure DevOps and build and release pipelines
- Artifactory, Black Duck, SonarQube, Kafka, HashiCorp, Pulsar
Top 3 skills
- React JS
- Unit Testing / Test-Driven Development
- Back End Development (High preference towards Java / Spring Boot)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/