Deerfield, IllinoisFinance Consultant II #884522
- As a Sr. Analyst, Federal Income Tax and Tax Provision role you have the opportunity to work with our internal team as well as collaboratively with the teams we support.
- As a valued member of our finance organization, your insights and technical expertise will support our operations and contribute to our goals.
- This position will take a hands-on role in the preparation and filing of U.S. consolidated federal income tax return, including the preparation and filings of any estimated and extension tax payments related thereto, and the preparation of key calculations necessary for global tax provision and reporting.
- This role will also prepare responses to information document requests issued by the IRS related to federal income tax matters to be reviewed by Tax Management.
- Lastly, this role will support quarterly and annual tax provision SOX requirements and assist in administering global tax provision software.
- This role will report to the Senior Manager, Domestic Tax Compliance & Audit but will also have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Senior Manager, Tax Provision & Projects.
- Support the U.S. federal income tax compliance process in order to meet external filing requirements.
- This includes following internal deadlines and leading multiple workstreams in order to prepare and e-file the U.S. consolidated federal income tax return in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare U.S. federal proforma returns and consolidated return items, including any book-tax adjustments.
- In certain instances, this role may also review work performed by other staff members
- Prepare key calculations necessary for global tax provision and reporting, including, but not limited to, quarterly global annual effective tax rate, UTP reserve calculations, cash tax forecasts, valuation allowance analyses, reconciliation workpapers, and quarterly tax provision journal entries
- Prepare federal income tax payments and extensions
- Prepare and analyze any federal return-to-provision adjustments after the U.S. consolidated federal income tax return is filed
- Follow the U.S. federal income tax return filing and quarterly global tax provision calendars to ensure compliance with all deadlines
- Provide support on annual and quarterly U.S. federal tax provision calculations, including any book-tax adjustments
- Support quarterly and annual tax requirements for SOX compliance
- Assist with the administration of the global ONESOURCE Tax Provision (OTP) software to support the tax provision processes
- Assist with implementing process improvement matters related to the federal income tax return compliance and global tax provision processes, including but not limited to reformatting workpapers to drive efficiencies and automation opportunities to reduce/eliminate non-value add work
- Prepare responses to information document requests and tax notices issued by the IRS related to federal income tax matters to be reviewed by Tax Management
Education / Experience:
- 3-5 overall years corporate federal income tax and/or tax provision (ASC 740) background
- Proficient in CorpTax and/or OTP is preferred
- Accounting undergraduate degree required and CPA preferred; MST highly preferred
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/