Southfield, MISr. Accounting Analyst II #785195
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
Accounting analysts must work effectively by themselves and with fellow analysts and other colleagues. They often either lead or actively participate in meetings and other corporate team planning. Generally, these professionals report to a lead or program manager.
- Verify financial activities to ensure accurate financial distribution according to general and FERC accounting principles
- Review and prioritize projects for financial close out
- Align and set prioritized project closings schedule with responsible area analyst
- Monitor closings schedule milestones
- Review actuals for projects according to policies and procedures issued by various regulatory bodies
- Project accounting - interface with Enterprise Project Management “EPM” - Project Controls, Engineers and Project Managers to determine final assets to be recorded.
- Analyze, interpret and verify financial documents and reports; make corrections and update as necessary
- Support Engineering financial reporting, consolidated financial reporting and audit responses
- Fixed Asset experience working with Capital projects in a utility-based environment is a plus along with SAP and Excel.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field is needed for this position. Additional industry certifications, and previous job experience is helpful.
- An accounting analyst must also have extensive knowledge of accounting techniques as well as advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and risk-management software.
- They must have strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities needed to conduct accurate assessments and provide sound financial advice.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are needed to create reports and presentations on a regular basis.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/