Dearborn, MichiganSystems Engineering Practitioner #889249
- This is an Information Technology Operations based role that supports our Michigan Truck Plant where the Brand-New Bronco and Ranger are built.
- As a member of the Plant I.T. team you are up close and assist the plant in producing these very exciting and new vehicles for the NA consumer market.
- As part of the job responsibilities, you will interface and support the IT Infrastructure & Applications that the plant uses to produce these exhilarating vehicles.
- You will also lend your knowledge and experiences to support process improvement efforts toward flexible and lean manufacturing, error proofing and the manufacturing execution systems within the facility.
- The successful candidate will be working with a global team to provide support that includes technical troubleshooting, data analysis & problem resolution for the applications & infrastructure on the plant floor and lead various efforts to ensure all responsible manufacturing applications meet company’s productivity goals.
- This position provides an excellent opportunity to apply IT Skills to manufacturing but to also acquire manufacturing experience that will enhance long-term career potential.
- Support a multi-shift operation in a manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in support a multi-shift operation. Requires rotating schedule to support business processes. (Days, nights and or weekends).
- Provide technical support (I.T. Applications, Infrastructure, operating systems, end-user-productivity tools) to plant business customers throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Interface with Business IT and business owners to prioritize improvement efforts.
- Support Plant Floor Systems / PDO teams in resolving incidents; Support escalations, provide hands and feet to support teams and other global teams (e. g. DBA, Server Operations, Ops Control, Network Operations) if necessary
- Focus on the integration / long term maintenance of applications.
- Assist team lead with managing assignments and workload.
- Develop, maintain, and share, accurate support documentation
- A strong desire to learn manufacturing operations and business practices is desired.
- Broad business and manufacturing perspective is helpful.
- Understanding of computer-based tools, computing infrastructure and interest in processes that support manufacturing is core.
- A Willingness to work in a high-pressure production environment and flexible working shift is a foundation in this space.
- Experience with Office automation, Windows, PC’s & Printers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task; managing multiple tasks
- Work efficiently and effectively with diverse, cross functional teams under stressful circumstances
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience identifying, investigating & solving problems without supervision
- Experience with Server administration; Windows or Linux
- Any plant floor automation experience is highly desired (Control systems, PLC’s, etc.)
- Familiar with Cisco routers and switches to include basic troubleshooting and cable installation
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and IT professionals including globally distributed teams.
- The ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience, work with all levels of management and diverse work groups
- Motivated and self-starter
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and IT professionals including globally distributed teams; the ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience; work with all levels of management and diverse work groups
- Knowledge of Windows server and Windows Active Directory
- Experience with VM servers
- High School
- 4 year degree for an opportunity for a significant career.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/