Troy, MichiganSr. Business Analyst #889447
- This position is responsible for assisting businesses in implementing technology solutions in a cost-effective manner by determining the requirements of a project or program and translating them clearly to all developers.
- Must have the ability to work directly with the business stakeholders to gather requirements.
- Must have strong attention to detail, be accountable with the tasks assigned to them, have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Business analysts may be assigned by project, line of business or technology platform and are expected to participate in every stage of the development lifecycle, from analysis and design through testing and release.
- This includes being able to clearly translate business requirements into actionable JIRA stories for developers, perform release management activities and maintenance while adhering to current System Development Methodology (SDM) processes.
- Business analysts work closely with various customers including their immediate project teams, business unit representatives and other technical staff members, often facilitating and coordinating the communication among all parties.
- The Lead business analyst will be responsible for working on the most complex business projects and will be responsible for providing strong advice and counsel to their customers on solution design and implementation.
- The Lead business analyst will be responsible for mentoring more junior colleagues.
- Must have the ability to work directly with the business stakeholders to gather requirements and clearly translate business requirements into actionable JIRA stories for developers
- Maintains accountability for all items
- Evaluates the overall business need and assists with design and implementation to ensure solutions achieve overall business objectives.
- Develops a roadmap for meeting the short- and long-term objectives.
- Acts as a primary member of the project team, overseeing and documenting decisions that occur throughout the project lifecycle.
- Serves as the liaison between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through requirements that can be translated by both parties.
- Identifies potential technical problems before they occur and helps implement solutions by thoroughly validating all system changes relative to assigned work.
- Works with the business technology team as an advocate of the business unit supported.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true need.
- Documents technical information, project information and develops training material.
- Writes and executes test scripts.
- Collaborates on tasks with project team members with clear deliverables and expected time frames.
- Follows up on progress of tasks.
- Monitors progress of project and works to overcome challenges.
- Influences others to achieve project results.
- Escalates issues when necessary.
- compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Completes all required compliance training.
- Maintains knowledge of and adhere to our internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4+ years of Business Analyst work experience (as described in the minimum years of experience below), or 10 years comparable work experience.
- 4+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst on IT Projects working on moderate to complex projects.
- Ability to estimate and prioritize work, commit and deliver on deadlines and be vocal when risks arise.
- Self-starter, with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Experience refining user stories, use cases and detailed requirements in collaboration with IT developers.
- Experience with agile ceremonies such as standups, story estimation, backlog grooming, sprint retrospective is preferred.
- Experience collecting and documenting user stories, use cases business requirements and acceptance criteria across multiple process areas and disciplines including business process, controls, system requirements, data conversion, analytics, and reporting.
- Experience identifying and documenting all regulatory and/or risk related requirements.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and technical acumen: baseline knowledge of how software systems and application components work together, effective at communicating architectural and software development considerations.
- Ability to think through workflows and the characteristics that make each workflow different.
- Strong communication and partnership skills; able to collaborate through complex problems or challenge assumptions giving and receiving feedback respectfully to Business Product Owners and other development teams.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner.
- Experience working on project teams, experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work with employee and external partner resources, both on-shore and off-shore.
- Demonstrated success working under pressure in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment. Ability to easily adapt to changes in processes, procedures and priorities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good understanding of relational databases, star schemas, data marts and data warehouses.
- Experience writing queries (SQL and PL SQL) using Toad or similar tool is preferred.
- Good understanding of data modeling.
- Experience using Visio, PowerPoint, Excel to document data models, work flows, user requirements, business logic, calculation rules and data mapping.
- Some experience building, writing and executing test cases using technologies such as JIRA / Confluence (Selenium, Loadrunner, is a plus).
- 5-10 years
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/