Dearborn, MichiganNetwork Engineer #435229
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide oversight in the planning, evaluation, implementation and validation of new/emerging technologies.
- Lead project and /or technical maintenance teams.
- Responsible for providing recommendations and attaining design approval for new technologies and major enhancements to existing systems.
- Provide support to Security in the development of appropriate audit controls and procedures to ensure the integrity and protection of company resources.
- Work with customers to understand business objectives in order to ensure functional and technical designs meet requirements and are in compliance with our infrastructure and IS technology standards
- With our powerful brand and the mentoring we offer, you will find your position as a Senior IT Consultant can lead to a rewarding career at our growing organization.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configurations; directing system installations; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
- Cisco Certifications (CCDA, CCNP OR CCNA)
- NSX-T Network and Security
- Configuration and daily support of Cisco ACI and NX-OS\
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience.
- NSX Network
- Minimum 2 year hands on experience
- Cisco NAC (ISE 802.11x)
- Cisco Wireless (Identity Services Engine (ISE), Mobility Services Engine (MSE), Prime, Controllers, Aironet Access Points)
- Meraki Wireless
- Cisco 36xx, 37xx, 38xx, 4xxx, 9xxxx, ASR1x
- LAN/WAN Routing Architecture and Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP etc.)
- Network Management Tools (Solar Winds, Gigamon, NetScout)
- InfoBlox – NetMRI, IPAM
- SSL VPN
- Packet Capture Tools
- Voice and data communication
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or applicable professional certification and/or six to eight years relevant technical and analytical experience.
- Designing, developing and implementing technology solutions using technical/business design decisions
- Multi-platform environments and infrastructure technology planning
- Developing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Serving as a consultant to business lines in defining processes or identifying technology based on business requirements
- Developing business plans for technology initiatives
- Infrastructure architecture (Network, Integration)
- Tactical infrastructure technology
- Security and control procedures
- Business process reengineering and technology application
- Leadership experience including:
- Providing technical consultation and training to less senior staff
- Providing leadership to project teams/technical project maintenance teams
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/