Auburn Hills, MichiganEE Component Design and Release Engineer #890264
The EE Component Design and Release Engineer is responsible for EE component design, development, packaging, testing, calibration, and releasing. The EE Component Design and Release Engineer will interface with systems group to define vehicle level functional specifications.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop component level specifications.
- Participate in Product Assurance Planning (Program Management).
- Manage the supplier of the components; and component DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DVRR (Design Validation and Reliability Report), and Timing Proactive Quality Plan.
- Participate in Reactive Quality Problem Solving and will be supporting Supplier Quality during Process Sign-off (PS) and PFMEA reviews (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
- Responsible for releasing components via Change Management System (CN's) and will interface with EMEA, APAC and LATAM counterparts on global commonality.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university.
- 3+ years of electronic ECU development and releasing experience.
- Full understanding of automotive electronic ECU development process.
- Experience managing or developing embedded software.
- Strong leadership skills (prepared to lead a supplier team).
- Will be traveling to Mexico (supplier plant), and the organizations assembly plants.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Experience managing suppliers and/or engineers.
- Proficient in LabVIEW, Teststand, Veristand, CAPL
- Familiar with Audio or Sound System Exp.
- Familiar with cryptographic principals.
- Familiar with Ethernet and CAN/CAN-FD protocols.
- Outstanding communication and organization skills.
Travel and Driving Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Additional Information / Must Have's:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Design & Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA / PFMEA), Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R), Teamcenter CAE, GD&T & working knowledge of injection mold tooling.
- Knowledge & experience in Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) Proactive quality tools and Shainin Red X reactive quality tools.
- Strong organizational, program management, leadership and communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- 2 or more years of Automotive design & release experience. Preferably, switch design & release experience.
- Onsite/Remote Hybrid (Based on upcoming New Era of Agility policy, this position will be split Onsite/Remote Hybrid)
- On occasion, this position will require the selected candidate to drive a company vehicle.
- 20-30% travel to visit vehicle assembly plants or Suppliers facilities.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/