Auburn Hills, MichiganTraining Specialist #890536
Qualified candidates will possess current knowledge and experience in the automotive vehicle electrical system configuration; operation, testing and diagnostics in an OEM repair or assembly plant/vehicle launch setting. The candidate would be knowledgeable in and possess current experience with the following areas of the automotive diagnostic procedures and/or assembly plant manufacturing engineering assembly and testing processes:
- Powertrain/Chassis/Body Wiring
- Electronic Module/Device
- Drive Vehicle Test (DVT) or Roll Test
- Vehicle and Engine Emissions Systems
- Electrical System Configuration and End of Line (EOL) Integrity Test
- Supplemental Restraints
- Assembly Manufacturing Process Sheets (AMPS) design for the aforementioned areas would be required.
- Vehicle electrical configuration and integrity testing process design and verification duties.
- Electrical testing equipment interaction required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches engineering information to develop training materials on vehicle electrical systems for current and future production.
- Delivers training to production employees on-site at clients manufacturing facilities.
- Provides expert on-the-job coaching to repair technicians relative to determination of root cause and vehicle repair procedures pertaining to difficult electrical system malfunctions
- Fulfills the role of a technical lead providing the client with expertise to help resolve engineering, product, and production issues during all phases of pilot build, product launch and production.
- Provides input to client regarding training requirements for a particular vehicle, system or launch.
- Works frequently as part of a cross functional team.
- Travels to client sites as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of current Automotive Vehicle System Operation, Diagnostics, and Repair (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Knowledge of vehicle communications systems (CAN/LIN/K-Line), sensors, and electronic controls
- Automotive Electrical diagnostic tool usage (Scan tool, DVOM, Scopes, CANalyzer tools, etc.)
- Vehicle Electrical Configuration/Vehicle Electrical Integrity System
- End Of Line (EOL) Testing Processes
- Equipment Design/Operation/Troubleshooting
- Module Flash/Programming Familiarity
- Drive Vehicle Test (DVT) process familiarity
- Problem solving manufacturing issues related to production design / documentation
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint )
- Familiar with wireless communication systems
- Able to work in cross-functional & cross-cultural environment
- ASE Certification
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record. Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 80%
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/