AlpharettaCodes & Compliance Engineer #890823
The position is part of our Essential Power (EP) Division overseeing compliance for all its products including lithium-ion batteries, vanadium redox flow batteries, next generation battery technologies, and energy management systems. The Compliance Engineer is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing protocols to ensure the EP products are compliant with all US and international standards, including UL, ETL, IEEE, and other technical product/equipment certifications. In addition, the role with will help coordinate internally and externally to ensure compliance with environmental health and safety according to local, state, national, and international standards. Duties will include site evaluations and permitting for the development laboratories, production sites, and battery energy storage system deployments at customer sites.
The position is located in Alpharetta, Georgia. This position is an important technical team member that has broad responsibilities to support the Essential Power Team that develops chemistry agnostic power and energy solutions across a wide range of industries.
The candidate will be responsible for developing systems and strategies to ensure that all EP products adhere to our performance, safety, and quality standards. The ideal person for this position requires solid analytical skills alongside the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and effectively to other employees and management. Their responsibilities include coordinating with engineering staff to collect and analyze data, create test procedures and guidelines, and continuously analyze compliance procedures in order to identify where improvements are needed. They will also implement solutions and maintain records of all procedures and test results. A successful candidate must be up to date with the latest regulatory developments in the industry. Essential duties include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the development, modification and/or creation of processes, and associated documentation, necessary to establish and maintain compliance with key, equipment level certifications, e.g., UL 9540 or 2580, for all EP energy products. Review materials with operational SMEs to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure equipment level certifications are achieved in a timely manner.
- Lead the established revision process (e.g., Management of Change) when modifications to standards are required based on a change to a governing standard.
- Review compliance records to assure appropriate evidence is retained
- Monitor industry groups and trade associations (UL, IEEE, ETL, NERC/FERC, ESA, etc.) to ensure engineering standards remain current with industry practice and participate in Trade Associations as requested by management.
- Provide support for corporate compliance programs (e.g., Public Awareness, Operator Qualification, Control Room Management, etc.) and develop processes/procedures to enhance the implementation of these programs and tools utilized.
- Ensure compliance of all Essential Power lab and factory sites with all local, state, and federal permitting and regulatory agencies; coordinate BESS customer sites approvals and coordinate all required approvals. Manage 3rd party consultants and services as necessary for these activities.
- Conduct compliance assessments in preparation of federal, state, and local inspections, provide support to field operations during inspections, lead response efforts to requests made during inspections, and respond to findings where appropriate.
- Interface with Operations, Engineering, and EHS/Legal personnel to assure program consistency across the organization; obtain feedback on program implementation and effectiveness when necessary.
- Coordinate data requests or requests for information received from various government and other agencies; validate compliance evidence.
- Codes and Standards purchases, maintenance, distribution, and training
- Primary interface to AHJ individuals regarding compliance needs for customer power systems installations, internal production or development operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- A minimum of three (3) years practical work experience within Engineering and/or Compliance.
- Thorough understanding of EPA, International Fire Code and other local, state, and federal regulations
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess a working knowledge of project management and regulatory compliance.
- Must be self-motivated and ambitious, ability to organize and prioritize daily work with the ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Must be a strategic, innovative thinker with strong leadership capabilities and a progressive track record in engineering, audit, risk and compliance
- Possess the ability to analyze plant environmental and exposure risks; prioritize and develop improvement plans; secure capital funding
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization as well as external parties
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled depending on qualifications, experience and skill sets of the successful candidate.
- There are no direct supervisory responsibilities but the position will need to coordinate across disciplines with other product development engineers, technicians and line operators in the planning and execution of development projects as appropriate.
- Normal office and test lab environment is typical.
Travel, other requirements:
- Up to 30% domestic travel within the US
- Limited, infrequent travel to Canada is a possibility
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/