Detroit, MichiganElectric Drive Software Engineer 3 #885948
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
- Our company is currently seeking Controller Integration Engineers to support our Vehicle Motion Embedded Controls (VMEC) group at the Milford Proving Grounds and the Warren Technical Center.
- Do you want to investigate and solve software and control system problems encountered in our products; and do you enjoy helping people encountering issues and enabling them to make progress? In this role you do that by troubleshooting HIL, vehicle system bench and vehicle integration issues using system engineering knowledge to isolate causes, establishing root cause and potential solutions working with BSW, calibration, software, Pre-Production Operations, vehicle plant and product development teams.
- These solutions can involve hardware, software, calibration, wiring or electrical architecture.
- You would be part of a group responsible for vehicle embedded control system engineering with a primary focus on troubleshooting engine, transmission, hybrid, electrification, chassis, and intelligent brake control system issues through all the different life cycle stages (early development through launch and through end of production) on the full range of company vehicles from BEVs and Autonomous vehicles to conventional propulsion and high performance vehicles.
- You will work closely with our internal development teams including manufacturing, controls development, software, calibration and testing activities, as well as other cross functional team in tackling a wide variety of issues as they arise and plotting the best path towards resolution.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Technical vehicle system trouble-shooting is the central activity which includes thoroughly tracing and correcting faults in vehicle motion embedded control system (i.e., issues/faults that preclude the acceptable operation and performance of vehicles and the subsequent resolution of those problems).(can we shorten these at all somehow?)
- Identify and root-cause problems in system features, controller hardware, software, calibrations, etc. that result in system operation that does not meet the design intent nor customer requirements (including development activities, buy-off rides, test trips, general fleet usage, durability, VeSCoM Checkout, etc.)
- Work/support technical specialists to resolve challenging system interaction issues, working to create a robust method to predict and prevent integration issues, developing robust system issue resolving techniques and technology.
- Collaborate/partner with technicians and other issue finders with specifying and obtaining data that is best suited to resolve outstanding technical problems and issues encountered during program development and production.
- Provide controller integration issue status to appropriate system issue owners
- Support test environment engineers for troubleshooting and commissioning HIL/SIL/vHIL systems for executing tests and developing operating scenarios to emulate vehicle functions.
In addition to you may get involved in:
- Analyze in-house software apply debugging tools in troubleshooting issues in the ECU memory management, infrastructure operation and applications code.
- Work directly with outsourced and in-house software suppliers, algorithm developers, technical specialists, calibrators and others on cross-functional agile teams.
- Support vehicle software updates if users need support flashing software or investigating and resolving implementation issues
- Participate in vehicle build events and buy off rides as required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Required BS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Engineering, Software) or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience developing microprocessor-based, real-time control algorithms and software in high level language (e.g. C)
- Demonstrate a high level of analytical ability with excellent communication and interpersonal skills which is required to build relationships with team members and other key stake holders to resolve challenging issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple difficult assignments with a high level of autonomy and accountability for results with appropriate prioritizing and planning to deliver high quality results on schedule
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience developing microprocessor-based, real-time control algorithms and software in high level language (e.g. C)
- MS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Aerospace, Software) or Computer Science
- Experience with high voltage, propulsion or chassis control systems in the controls development or testing or calibration areas
- Experience with HiL benches (e.g. dSPACE), Simulink, Stateflow, ETAS INCA and Vehicle Spy.
- Experience programming in Python.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/