Okemos, MichiganKubernetes Platform Engineer #891253
Contributes to the design and implementation of a software engineering culture that unifies Application Development and Operations. Will assist in engineering solutions that maximize the throughput of code releases through automated, secure and portable tools and functions.
- Participates in the analysis, design and development of technical specifications, programming, and testing of DevOps components.
- Participates in design and scripting reviews to ensure that design and enterprise programming standards and guidelines are followed.
- Assist with creating or updating the enterprise standards when gaps are identified.
- Assists team members in issue resolution, scalability metrics, integration issues, and critical production issues as required.
- Follows technology best practices and standards and escalates any issues as they deem appropriate.
- Follows architecture and design best practices (as guided by the Senior Engineer, Lead DevOps Engineer & Architectural team).
- Responsible for assisting in configuration and scripting to implement fully automated infrastructure provisioning, image builds, and instance deployment capabilities.
- Follows standard change control and configuration management practices.
- Participates in 24-hour on-call rotation in support of the platform.
- Drive and desire to automate repeatable processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication, as well as the willingness to collaborate with teams across the organization
- Experience in DevOps practices, infrastructure, scripting/programming.
- Linux/Unix OS experience
- Kubernetes experience
- KCNA, CKA, and/or CKAD certification
- Experience working with Kubernetes in an Enterprise environment
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (eg. OpenStack, Azure, AWS, etc.), container concepts (eg. Docker), infrastructure deployment tools (eg. Ansible, Chef, Terraform), CI/CD tools (eg. ArgoCD, Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/