Auburn Hills, MichiganQuality Engineer – Associate #894315
- The Reliability Quality Software Engineer is responsible for ensuring that common best practices are used in the Reliability Quality Vehicle Testing programs initiated during the development and launch phases of new vehicle product.
- This role serves as a focal coordinator for the test integrity for a service test supplier, who will be testing several different vehicles products simultaneously.
- The candidate must have proven track record for developing and executing standardization.
- The Reliability Quality Software Engineer will have proven experience in both supplier and quality areas.
- He/ She will have a broad knowledge of the entire automotive engineering, manufacturing and quality landscape.
- The successful candidate must possess outstanding teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The candidate must be high-energy, hands-on individual with strength of convictions -- a self-confident leader who, in part due to his/her personal presence, style and demeanor, effectively sells ideas and solutions to others. This person must have unquestioned integrity.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring Reliability Vehicle Fleets run with the latest software and hardware for electrical modules for all Vehicle Programs
- Working with Vehicle Integration, Validation and Product Responsible owners to gather the latest software and hardware available for all electrical modules for all programs. Modules include: Body/Chassis Controllers, Powertrain, Connectivity & Infotainment, Interior modules, Safety controllers for the Reliability Quality Fleet.
- Working with engineering to plan, coordinate and execute test vehicle software updates and hardware swaps at the test supplier.
- Manage the process to track updates by the test supplier.
- Weekly report on status of Vehicle Fleet Percent up to date; for both program and module.
- Participate in process initiatives to streamline the vehicle data processing with Quality Reliability teams and the Electrical Engineering teams.
- Bachelors of Science in engineering degree required-Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 1 to 2 Years Automotive Experience
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PPT, Access Database, SharePoint
- Google Suite Experience
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Occasional Driving required: Yes, M-plate
- Very organized/Experience with Data input and reporting
- Previous supplier interface experience
- VBA or Python Programming experience
- CAN/FD CAN Communication or OBDII Diagnostics experience
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/