Lansing, MISIA Strategic Integrator #898996
This position will be responsible for engaging and coordinating with areas within the department to assess current benchmarks and provide recommendations to leadership of ways to streamline and leverage technologies to better ensure business efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve how utilizes data across multiple systems/applications in making business decisions.
- Resolve and liaison technology related questions and assist in performing benefit analysis of current technology vs. procurement of new technology.
- Improve partnerships within administrations across and programs to eliminate silos in effort to streamline coordination for various technology improvements.
- Assess and make recommendations to leadership on how to streamline/leverage technologies to better ensure business efficiencies.
- Regularly reports updates and metrics for large critical projects based on the Federal 18f methodology.
- Works horizontally across administrations and drives the strategy and goals to ensure is adhering to the disciplines of the Strategic IT Direction.
- Works with policy groups to ensure policies and changes are aligned with the strategic goals.
- Coordinates across internal/external technical and non-technical teams at and external vendors.
- Supports project teams in the procurement, development, and implementation of system solutions to meet needs.
- Supports procurement activities including creating of procurement schedules, scoring criteria, and evaluating vendor responses for total costs of ownership.
- Coordinate/facilitate meetings and provide oversight for various program and business areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate program and administrative activities of a complex, interrelated, and interdependent nature where unknowns and numerous contingency factors are involved.
- Ability to organize complex processes and maintain quality control, privacy, and security.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the work of others.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, projects, and assignments.
- Ability to develop metrics, maintain records, and prepare technical reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrable presentation skills are necessary for this position.
- Skills in MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint are required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in complex IT projects involving multiple vendors and in-house resources within all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Software Engineering Institute's (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile development processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the IT Governance Framework – COBIT.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Should be familiar with common health messaging, document, and technology standards, such as HL7, CDA, and principles of system design that support de-coupled enterprise architecture.
- Prior PMP or other project management accreditations
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in any field with a preference for concentration in computer science or information systems is desired.
- Professional certifications in applicable technologies or project management will be considered.
- Previous experience as a system integrator / developer / DBA or system architect highly desired.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Work will be done remotely with the possibility of some in office (hybrid work).
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/