Suwanee, GeorgiaService Desk Technician #894988
- Be available on in the agent call queue to the Service Desk number as needed.
- Support site manufacturing operational needs
- Create and work Service Desk tickets in SCSM (Service Desk tool) through final resolution.
- Review Service Desk email account and manage walk-up requests as well as phone work. Remote into or physically visit user machines as appropriate for troubleshooting, etc.
- Work with the rest of IT (app teams, server, network, user provisioning, etc.) to escalate & resolve incidents or service requests.
- Manage entire lifecycle of PC equipment (laptops & desktops) including proactive refreshes at End of Lease (or life), maintaining appropriate inventory levels for customer demand through disposal or return of retired PC equipment.
- Understand and follow all our Security policies & practices and communicate any questionable activity that may arise.
- Reset passwords for users as necessary after validating proper credentials.
- Be available on call 24/7 on a rotating basis to carry the on-call cell phone as needed and resolve or escalate critical issues off-hours.
- Develop new images, builds for computers on Windows 10 OS and above and review for latest patches and updates.
- Review with team processes developed for deploying PCs with standard images.
- Manage and resolve any computer, machinery or equipment, or system issue impacting the Plant operations.
- Priorities to support
- Production or the Stockroom
- Design Engineering
- Order Entry
- Any other
- On-boarding new employees
- Ensure all hardware is ready & operational prior to new employees start date.
- Ensure all software requested is installed and operational. (Including Baan & Teamcenter)
- Set up the employee’s phone. (Reset voicemail) Coordinate with receptionist to ensure ‘master copy’ of employee phone list is updated.
- College Degree preferred. Equivalent experience, education and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of Bachelors.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience working at a technical support help desk.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting networking equipment and TCP/IP.
- Able to log, update, and record detailed tracking records.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- Minimal physical requirements necessary but must be able to visit customer desks in an office and plant environment with proper safety precautions and using provided PPE.
- Must be able to lift ~ 40lbs on occasion.
- Must work well within a team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Win 7 Win 10 and imaging processes.
- Familiar with set up and deployment of Apple MacBooks
- Partner with Plant Operations to resolve large scale issues with Corporate IT.
- Assets that would be Beneficial for the position
- Able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with using Microsoft SCSM and O365
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Dell certified.
- Able to work on printer and computer hardware and software.
- Experience with Zebra printers and a manufacturing environment
- SCCM in-depth knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of ITIL processes
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/