Warren, MichiganNon-Technical Project Manager #899515
The Digital Design & Visualization Lead possesses a strong understanding of business intelligence development, with a focus on Power BI and Power Query. This person will work cross-functionally to support project life cycles, ad-hoc analysis, documentation, and future proofing the reporting experience.
This is a client embedded position, at a single client site, that requires a highly consultative skill set and personality.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support business team in requirements gathering.
- Work with data integration team to define and load data sources from multiple data warehouse systems.
- Liaison between business team and IT to support projects.
- In-source and manipulate metadata in Power Query for optimal Power BI report performance.
- Build Power BI reports and dashboards based on requirements.
- Build out UAT scripts and run test sessions to support “ready to go” state for reporting.
- Ad-hoc reporting from Power BI and/or other reporting tools.
- Document projects and new learnings for cross-collaboration among Performance-Driven Marketing team.
- eCommerce Analytics
- Backfill for David who was hired direct.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Power BI (1+ Year)
- Power Query (1+ Year)
- Querying SQL Server, Teradata, or Hadoop (1+ Year)
- Software development life cycle (1+ Year)
- Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel and Power Point (3+ Years)
- Understanding of website and digital media analytics and digital marketing concepts such as cookies (1st & 3rd party), pixel tags, privacy standards, SEO, social media, advertising attribution methods & models
- More about working experience over degree
- Ability to demonstrate business intelligence development skills.
- Ability to demonstrate database query skills.
- Strong understanding of waterfall and agile project management concepts.
- Automotive or comparable experience.
- Proactive in finding solutions to support Performance-Driven Marketing initiatives.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and deadlines.
- Strategic and critical thinker.
- Strong presentation, people and documentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial/self starter, inventive, dissatisfaction with status quo, and intensely curious
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
- Data visualization
- Data extraction and systems understanding
- understanding of analytical ‘pathways’ a dashboard could take to deliver route cause / second or third level analytics
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/