Oshkosh, WIPrincipal Business Analyst #899587
- The Principal Business Analyst within Information Technology will lead the functional process of designing solutions and building innovative solutions.
- This role will work closely with business owners to understand business processes across multiple business areas.
- The Principal Business Analyst will lead the effort to create detailed business requirements, system documentation, and implementation of quality software solutions.
- This position will communicate status, risk and risk mitigation plans and acts as a liaison between the key project manager and the technical teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Lead large cross-functional projects and solution design within various functional areas utilizing broader knowledge of the business to track and manage business requirements.
- Lead the process for identifying and gathering appropriate business requirements to create the necessary solution that satisfy the business need including facilitation of requirements gathering within multiple business functional areas to develop a comprehensive business requirements document(s).
- Serve as an IT Business Analyst expert in understanding business requirements, system documentation and implementation of quality software solutions.
- Lead the development of functional and technical specifications based on business requirements.
- Manage changes to requirements, assess impacts of changes, and track requirements from business case to implemented solution.
- Execute and define test scenarios, plans, strategies, and the creation of test scripts.
- Supervise the integration of testing for cross-functional projects and provide support for user acceptance testing.
- Provide production support by supplying artifacts (data model, data maps, knowledge base articles, etc.) and educating the support team when applicable.
- Lead the cross functional test plan creation and partner with business unit subject matter experts (SME) to develop test scripts.
- Define and create project related policies and procedures including review of cross-functional project related policies and procedures, and end user training documentation.
- Serve as the liaison for the functional areas between the IT application team and the business.
- Provide ongoing day-to-day support for the applications team in addition to project management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in Business Analysis, Information Technology, or in a related area.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Relevant industry recognized certifications (IIBA, ITIL, CBAP, CCAB).
- Knowledge of ITIL IT Service management and experience defining, deploying and managing ITSM Processes.
- Previous positive our company work experience preferred.
- Analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in business analytics and system design analysis.
- Attention to detail, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Advanced Customer Service skills.
- Experience working independently and taking initiative.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/