Okemos, MichiganBusiness Analyst #905937
- This BA will be working with one of our Application Development feature teams – agile experience is preferred.
- When Needed Immediate - (2 Weeks)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Speaks and understands the language of our Business when communicating with the Product Owners and Business Users, and the technical language of our Agile Teams when communicating with Developers and Testers.
- Collaborates with the Product Owner in order to gain a clear understanding of all business processes, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Attends and is an active participant in requirements meetings held by the Business in order to further understand Business priorities.
- Analyzes proposed changes and identify gaps in requirements. This may include changes to current processes, applications, file layouts, and web services.
- Works in partnership with the Product Owner to write clear and concise Agile user stories. Breaks down larger user stories into multiple, smaller, user stories according to departmental standards.
- Assists the Product Owner to record priority order to ensure it is done frequently, completely, and in a timely manner.
- Attends and engages in daily standup meetings along with other agile team ceremonies.
- Follows departmental testing processes to create and document test cases, execute the test cases for the assigned stories, verify and report the results.
- May extract test data from databases by creating new, or altering existing, basic SQL queries. The data will be used for testing and verification of results.
- Expected to swarm user stories in order to help the team meet their commitments for the sprint.
- Assists the Product Owner and Scrum Master to prepare for Team Sprint Reviews and System Demos.
- Constantly looks for ways to improve processes and discuss issues, all in order to deliver better value to the customer.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or a related field and three years of experience identifying, organizing, analyzing, testing, communicating, and documenting business rules, system requirements, and process workflows.
- Experience writing technical documentation preferred. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Experience with the Agile methodology (Scrum or SAFe is preferred) and tools used to create and track Agile user stories (VersionOne is preferred). Experience creating, altering, and running SQL queries.
- Basic working knowledge of web services (REST or SOAP). Experience with Lean Six Sigma and Yellow Belt training.
- Ability to review software changes and determine system impact. Experience with incident/support ticketing systems and process workflow. Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- The ability to be flexible in a fast paced and active work environment. Good communication skills in order to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/