Auburn Hills, MichiganDesign Release Engineer - Intermediate #896769
Design Release Engineer (DRE) - Active Chassis
The candidate will be responsible for the Design, development and release of the Brake system module (BSM) and related components. Responsibilities include program & supplier management, open issue tracking with proactive issue resolution, delivery to all vehicle program milestones, and all aspects of cradle to grave release activity (specifications, sourcing documents, engineering change management, requirements clarification and cross-functional team alignment, generate program development timelines, lead component packaging, component/system HW/SW validation plans, conduct HW/SW design reviews, author/review/approve FMEAs & DVPRs, PFMEA reviews, process standards, in-plant process and launch support, safe-launch plan development, identify quality improvements, rapid response to warranty, technical cost reductions, etc.). Responsible for risk identification and maintaining detailed risk assessment, mitigation, and management plans with frequent updates to senior leadership. Work closely with the Functional Integration engineers and cross-functional teams to execute and validate complex brake systems.
- BSEE/BSME from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 1 year design and release experience with automotive electronic modules
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team in a remote environment
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment; requires minimal direction
- Logical thinker who can sort through complex issues in pursuit of a resolution
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Docs
- Detail oriented, results driven Engineer
- Excellent program management and organizational skills
- MSEE/MSME from an ABET accredited university
- Experience with design, development, and release of Brake systems/components
- Familiar with CAN/LIN/LVDS communication protocols and troubleshooting tools
- Experience in root cause and DFSS techniques
- Experience using Vector tools (CANoe, CANalyzer)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/