Oshkosh, WIIT Data Engineer IV #882108
The Senior Data Scientist responsibilities include conducting all the steps of the data mining lifecycle with an emphasis on applying their expertise in math, statistics and building machine learning models.
- They will follow the CRISP-DM methodology.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential, along with a passion for research.
- Their role will include mentoring other members of the Advanced Analytics & Insights team.
- They will be responsible for preparing and delivering the results of their analysis.
- The goal will be to help our company utilize data analytics to generate business value.
- These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Acquire business understanding needed to conduct analysis through collaboration with business experts, external partners and research.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies for business value generation.
- Collaborate with team members in all functions, including sales, operations, supply chain, engineering, product development, finance, HR, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, Engineering or relevant field.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience working as a data scientist
- Graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to sell use cases and research results.
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, Python or Power BI etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience with data mining, segmentation, machine-learning and optimization techniques (R, Python or Power BI etc.).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of and experience with data visualization and reporting.
- Aptitude for working in a fast-paced collaborative team environment with proven experience as a self-starter and problem-solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leaders and peers.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/