Auburn Hills, MichiganEmbedded Software Engineer #906668
Design and development of embedded software for HVAC control modules. Duties include but not limited to:
- Developing requirements, new software control strategies, addressing issues identified in the current software by using test-driven development methods and production release of integrated software.
- In addition, Engineer will work in a collaborative team environment to update overall processes for improved software quality.
- Engineer will work with a global team of software engineers, calibration engineers, validation engineers, release engineers, systems engineers and hardware suppliers to meet program deliverables and milestones.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering (or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university
- Two years of automotive industry experience including software development for embedded controls
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink/C/C++
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills required
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university
- Experience using agile development methodologies
- Experience with dSpace Targetlink
- Experience using scripting languages (such as Ruby, Perl or Python)
- Experience with version control repositories (GIT/SvN)
- Experience root causing software issues at the model in loop (MIL), software in loop (SIL), hardware in loop (HIL) and vehicle level
- Knowledge of vehicle serial data communications (CAN, LIN)
- Experience using proactive quality tools (Design for Six Sigma)
- Experience using reactive quality tools (Kepner-Tregoe / Shainin)
- Self-starter and motivated to produce results
Additional Must Haves:
- 2 years’ experience
- Location: CTC / Hybrid
- Driving our vehicle will be required
- Amount of Travel: 0 to 5% - some road trips for HVAC development - Nevada, Michigan
Additional Info: At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/