Auburn Hills, MichiganDesign Release Engineer - Senior #903480
The Powertrain Design Release Engineer is responsible for the design, development and release of components and subsystems in conventional Automatic and Hybrid Transmissions.
Main Design Release Engineer Objectives:
- Develop technical requirements for components and subsystems of conventional automatic and hybrid transmissions
- Evaluate designs to the "engineering best practice" documents
- Develop DFMEAs and access designs for failure modes robustness
- Develop DVP&R plans to validate design changes
- Develop Tools, Test Procedures and Acceptance Criteria for transmission components
- Collaborate appropriate Design Detailing and CAE activities for design updates and or new designs
- Support manufacturing on production related issues
- Generate and implement cost reduction ideas
- Participate in warranty/cost reduction meetings and develop solutions for warranty issues
- Conduct root cause analysis of transmission failures and identify the root cause/s
- Collaborate with transmission systems group to address and support any failures using the appropriate tools and processes
- Provide guidance and direction to suppliers through resourcing, process or sourcing changes, and development using the appropriate change management system
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Chemical or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university, please add GPA on the resumes
- 5+ years of engineering experience in product development design and release with a minimum of 2 years of powertrain experience in electric actuators and sensors, or 2 years of electric oil pumps and filters, or 2 years of automatic transmission solenoids, or 2 years of automatic transmission hydraulics and control architecture including valve body casting and machining.
- Competent in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT)
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent work ethic, organization skills, and communication skills
- Master's degree in an engineering related field
- Working knowledge of NX/Teamcenter
- Design for Six Sigma certification
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/