Auburn Hills, MichiganConnected Services Systems Engineer #894401
The team is seeking candidates that will be responsible for Connected Services, Vehicle Access, Start, & Security voice of the customer (VoC) development, customer functional objectives target setting, and vehicle level DVP&R development and execution.
This role will support the vehicle integration and validation process by owning and maintaining functional objective scorecard, leading the attribute team, and supporting tech club and vehicle program requests.
The position will investigate and analyze vehicle issues for root causes and issue the appropriate documentation for resolution including leading the team where the issue crosses multiple vehicle disciplines.
This position will lead and support ride and drive events, overnight evaluations, and trips with vehicle updates and diagnostic tools.
They will also set vehicle-specific objective performance targets for all connectivity, vehicle access, security and start features based benchmarks of competitive set, translated voice-of-customer, and industry knowledge.
Key Job Duties:
- Manages their program-specific features and timing to ensure features are on time to milestones
- Cross-functional team leader
- Supports testing, issue tracking, triage and resolution
- Owns vehicle level scorecard
- Creates AFOD with Specialists
- Program Managers
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited program
- Three years of engineering experience in automotive industry
- Strong desire to understand customer wants and vehicle development program
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral)
- Strategic thinker
- Familiar with CAN tools & Radio/TBM logging tools
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and present work
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced work environment with minimum assistance
Top 3 Must-Haves
- Program management experience
- Understanding of automative electrical architectures and systems
- Electrical and/or software background - perferably related to Connectivity
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/