Center Line, MichiganMaterial Area Supervisor #907796
The Material Area Supervisor is responsible for leading hourly teams that unload, store, and deliver material to support production in an automotive manufacturing assembly plant.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead the safety, delivery, cost, quality, and morale of hourly work teams.
- Develop team leaders to meet corporate guidelines and transform existing material delivery processes to increase productivity and reduce manufacturing costs utilizing the World Class Manufacturing process.
- Ensure inventory and record integrity and maintain a positive working relationship with both management and union represented employee.
- Manage multiple work teams in a fast paced, high volume unionized manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for coordinating daily team activities to achieve business metrics and implementing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and processes as it related to material flow.
- Required to oversee and develop highly functioning work teams, comprised of Team Leaders and Team Members and practice Leadership Principles.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous related supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members.
- Previous experience working in a union environment.
- Strong background in LEAN manufacturing systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite applications.
Additional Info: At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/