Lansing, MichiganBusiness Analyst #881975
- The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting clear, unambiguous, and testable business requirements from the client, and understanding the business requirements thoroughly to communicate business need and system functionality to technical and non-technical stakeholders, project team members, and the user community.
- The resource will be responsible for working with the project team and stakeholders to examine existing and future-state business processes, data, and systems.
- This information is used to guide the gathering of business requirements as they relate to the desired system functionality.
- Responsible for documenting business requirements that are clear, unambiguous, testable, and satisfy the business need in accordance with standard templates and adherence to DTMB and Treasury policies, standards, and procedures.
- Responsible for facilitating requirement gathering meetings to identify impacted business processes and document the project business requirements.
- Attendees include relevant project team members and stakeholders as identified in the Communication Plan.
- Responsible for adhering to the project schedule by developing and maintaining the project backlog during Agile projects and working with the product owner to set priority throughout the duration of project.
- Responsible for understanding project scope and actively monitoring requirements process to maintain adherence to the objectives set for the project.
- Responsible for understanding high-level information governance objectives and ensuring appropriate Stakeholder inclusion and/or awareness regarding data requirements.
- Responsible for appropriate resolution of critical IT issues as it pertains to the BA role.
- Responsible for development of training content, facilitate training, develop specific test cases, complete testing, and provide reports as needed or requested.
- Responsible for providing information and analysis for Build vs. Buy project decisions.
- Responsible for understanding project specific benefits and related impact of changes to project scope or business requirements.
- Ensures SEM deliverables for the project that are a responsibility of the BA are completed, reviewed, and approved in alignment with area processes.
- Works directly with project team including user interface/user experience (UI/UX) designers, tech leads, solution architects, database administrators, developers, QA testers, and technical writers to ensure understanding of the requirements, functionality, size, and scalability of the IT solution.
- Responsible for working with the team and customer to complete the tasks and documentation related to System Security Plans (SSP), Internal Control Evaluation (ICE) and other compliance related efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Information Technology
- Overall experience in Business Analyst role in the Information Technology field - 5 years
- Facilitate requirements gathering and joint application development (JAD) sessions with business clients - 5 years
- Create/update IT project documentation including use cases/user stories, application requirements, functional designs, system designs and test plans - 5 years
- Experience using industry standard methodologies like System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile/Scrum processes, and Systems Engineering Methodology (SEM) – 5 years
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build consensus and effective teams - 5 years
- Experience working as liaison between business and technical staff – 5 years
- Experience documenting business process flow documents such As-Is and To-Be workflows – 5 years
- Experience in the creation and completion of System Security Plan (SSP) – 5 years
- Experience with Agile/Scrum processes and tools like Azure DevOps or Jira or similar – 5 years
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/