Auburn Hills, MichiganDevOps Engineer #784984
The DevOps Engineer will establish the organization's data infrastructure, promoting engineering best practices on data management, and keeping the high bar for data quality.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with our data customers to provide reliable and timely data
- Be able to choose the appropriate level of data extraction when designing and implementing tables in the data lake
- Write code that reliably extracts data from REST service calls and then loads into the data lake
- Contribute to data operations with process documentation, service levels, data quality, performance dashboards, and continuous improvement efforts
- Implement operational improvements through automation, requiring ingenuity and creativity, within data pipelines
- Implement standards and procedures, work with the team to ensure conformity to standards and best practices
- Incident management, triage the activities and work with stakeholders and communicate with timely updates
- Prepare for and respond to audits for compliance with established standards, policies, guidelines and procedures
- Collaborate with data engineering and data governance teams in release planning, training, and handoffs
- Manage processes at various levels of maturity, while maintaining consistent quality and throughput expectations
- Ensure visibility of all operational metrics, and related issues, to peers and leadership and proactively identify opportunities for operational efficiencies
- Be part of our support rotation
Top Performers will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience enriching data using third-party data sources
- Working knowledge of the latest big data technologies and systems
- Experience building out the tooling and infrastructure to make systems more self-service
- Knowledge of tools like Databricks and Astronomer/Airflow to run workloads
- Demonstrable experience of building internal tooling using Scala, ZIO, and Cats
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- 5 years of overall relevant experience
- 2 years of experience in the following:
- Developing extract-transform-load (ETL)
- Experience in working in both SQL and Python
- Hands-on experience in data lakes
- Hands-on experience in Airflow
- Hands-on experience using Spark in Scala
- Hands-on experience using Git performing merges
- Experience using asynchronous REST calls to request data
- Experience using NoSQL databases like Bigtable, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- Experience in functional programming
- Experience using an effects library like Cats IO, ScalaZ, or Zio
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/