Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Consultant/Expert #882581
- Our Company was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress.
- It’s a belief that has always fueled our passion to create great cars and trucks.
- And today, it drives our commitment to become the world’s most trusted mobility company, designing vehicles for a smart world that help people move more safely, confidently and freely.
- To do this, we are investing in technology, and businesses focusing on micro-transit, commercial solutions for fleet customers, enhancing the vehicle ownership experience and developing the Transportation Mobility Cloud, which will host mobility-related solutions.
- This request is to fill a Software Engineer position within the Enterprise Connectivity organization.
- The Software Engineer role will work on a balanced team and collaborate with a Product Owner, Product Manager, and Product Designer to deliver products to support our customers.
- The team will deliver a portfolio of products providing robust customer experiences across the globe.
- The Software Engineer will deliver value through Agile software development practices in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Software engineer with responsibilities to define, design, develop, deploy and support services and applications in a micro service / cloud-based architecture.
- Ensure functional and non-functional quality and on-time delivery using agile and lean principles.
- Embrace extreme programming practices including paired development, test driven development, and continuous delivery to release early and often.
- Collaborate and work closely together with a balanced team of developers.
- 3+ years’ Java/Kotlin development experience building micro service and cloud-based solutions using Spring Platform (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud) (including internship/co-op/course work)
- 2+ years’ web service delivery experience (using REST) for backend services (including internship/co-op/course work)
- 1+ years’ experience with cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform, Google Kubernetes Engine, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS or similar) (including internship/co-op/course work)
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with software development tools (backlog management, source code management, automated and unit test management, CI/CD, etc)
- Familiarity with eXtreme programming:
- Pair and/or Mob programming
- Proven ability to work both individually and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills and ability to think above and beyond baseline requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/