Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Consultant/Expert #883246
- This request is to fill a Data Engineer position with the Telematics team.
- The Data Engineer will work on a balanced team and collaborate with the Delivery Lead, Product Manager, and Product Designer to deliver products to support the Pro Intelligence (FPI) program.
- The team will deliver a portfolio of products involving telematics tools and additional fleet management services.
- The FPI product suite provides a customer facing user experience through UI and API offerings that integrate with existing systems to communicate back and forth with the vehicles.
- The Data Engineer will help build, validate and release innovative data projects.
- You will work in collaboration environment including paring and mobbing with other cross functional engineers.
- Work on a small agile team to deliver working, tested software.
- The Deliver value through Agile software development practices in a fast-paced environment.
- To be successful in this role, a broad understanding of the business technology landscape, the ability to design data mapping/normalization/structure, and strong analytical skills are required.
- Strong SQL , Java, Python or Katlin experience
- Data Warehousing and data modelling experience.
- Experience with streaming tools like pubsub,kafka.
- Experience with GCP Tools (Data Flow, Big Query, Cloud storage).
- Experience in eXtreme Programming (XP) disciplines including Paired Programming – Cloud and deploying to cloud platforms (e.g., Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Tekton, Terraform, Cloud Run, Apigee, Big Query, Cloud storage, Containers, Github)
- Proficiency with continuous integration/ continuous delivery tools and pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years professional development experience with SQL, BIG Query, RDBMS, developing performant views on large data sets.
- 5+ years’ experience with GCP Cloud and migration of data from Tera data to Big Query.
- 5+ years’ professional development experience with Java or Python or Katlin, Data Ware housing and data modelling and one or more streaming tools.
- 2+ Years of experience with loading data via APIs, proficiency with RESTful API standards/tools.
- Leverage SQL to identify and troubleshoot data issues, enhance product features, provide data extracts, and test data flow between systems.
- Create technical solutions and conduct tests. Perform data tracing and develop data flow diagrams.
- Ensure functional and non-functional quality and on-time delivery using agile principles. Collaborate and work closely together with a balanced team of developers.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery using agile principles.
- 5+ Experience with software development tools (backlog management, source code management, automated and unit test management, CI/CD, etc.).
- Knowledge of Cloud architecture.
- Designs data integrations and data quality framework.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and Agile Methodologies.
- Proven ability to work both individually and collaboratively.
- Strong communication skills and ability to think above and beyond baseline requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related scientific field.
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/