Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Senior #883303
- We’re seeking an experienced full-stack software engineering professional familiar with Lean, Agile, and eXtreme Programming (XP) practices.
- Collaborating closely and continuously with fellow engineers, designers and product owners, you will help build, validate and release innovative software products early and often. You will:
- Validate and release applications using continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- Work in collaborative environment including pairing and mobbing with other cross-functional engineers
- Work on a small agile team to deliver working, tested software
- Work effectively with product owners, product designers and other technical experts
- Take time to continuously learn and share with peers
- Demonstrate technical knowledge/leadership skills and advocate for technical excellence
- Developing exceptional user experiences with backend APIs using frameworks such as Spring Boot, Angular, React, and VueJS
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years of professional development experience with:
- Android / Swift / Objective-C OR
- Springboot OR
- Java or similar Object-Oriented languages
- Have used continuous integration/continuous delivery tools and pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Proficiency with test-driven development (TDD) and strong understanding of clean code concepts
- Pair programming experience
- Iterative development experience
- 5+ years mentoring engineers
- In-depth software engineering knowledge
- Expertise in eXtreme Programming (XP) disciplines including:
- Paired programming
- Test-first/test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience with Spring Cloud and deploying to cloud platforms (e.g., Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Cloud Foundry)
- Experience delivering products that include front-end web development
- Proficiency with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools and pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Proficiency with RESTful API standards/tools
The minimum education qualifications we seek:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related scientific field
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/