Lansing, MichiganProject Manager #883332
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager (PM) leads the project team responsible for achieving the project objectives.
- ThePM plans, manages, and communicates project activities ensuring the project is delivered according to the project scope, schedule, and budget as defined in the project charter.
- This role, as part of the DTMB Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO), works closely with DTMB Agency Services management and technical teams as well as with MDOT Automation Managers and business teams in the delivery of the project while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Accountable for monitoring, controlling, and communicating project progress by actively managing the cost, schedule, scope, resources, quality, and risks.
- Accountable and responsible for clear, timely, and accurate communications with stakeholders,
- particularly the project sponsors, project team members, program managers, and MDOT/DTMB
- management, on the status of the project, using appropriate communication methods.
- Accountable for efficient and effective ongoing communication with the vendor throughout the
- project lifecycle.
- Responsible for providing leadership and fostering collaborative participation between the technical and business teams by obtaining consensus and gaining commitment. Advocates as necessary to ensure project success.
- Responsible for working with the project team members to develop and maintain the following key SUITE
Project Management Methodology (PMM) deliverables throughout the project lifecycle:
- Project Charter - Project Schedule – Project Budget - Communication Plan - Project Status Report - Risk and Issue Management Plans - Change Requests - Project Closedown Summary
- Responsible for project health and quality by adhering to established quality and compliance processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the project adheres to the SUITE PMM and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), including appropriate and timely transitions through the stages and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for actively evaluating the project to anticipate, identify, evaluate, and mitigate project risks and issues.
- Escalates risks and issues when needed.
- Responsible for facilitating and enforcing the Change Management process (Change Requests) when the project deviates from the approved scope, schedule, or budget.
- This includes ensuring all Change Requests have appropriate approval before action is taken or information is updated.
- Responsible for creating project Corrective Action Plans (CAP) when necessary for projects in Yellow or Red status.
- Responsible for understanding the project benefits and the impact of change requests to the benefits business cases.
- Responsible for ensuring related project artifacts are updated accordingly.
- Responsible for project team adherence to information governance activities.
- Responsible for understanding project interdependencies and ensuring appropriate and timely
- discussions and actions occur when a project change may have an impact.
- Responsible for completion of the project tailoring process to determine the PMM and SEM deliverables for the project.
- Responsible for following the project Notice of Decision procedure for all major project decisions, including a Build vs. Buy decision.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding vendor contracts to actively manage the vendor
- deliverables and adherence to the vendor deliverable approval procedure.
- Facilitates the interactions among stakeholders by clarifying the expectations of all participants and ensuring all deliverables are assigned, reviewed, and completed.
- Functions as the Scrum Master for MDOT Agile projects, facilitating sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives
Skills set being sought…
- Documented experience in successfully managing IT projects (full project lifecycle)
- $2 Million - 7 years
- Proven record of delivery project on time and on budget - 5 years
- Experience in managing IT projects in a government environment - 5 years
- Managing of IT Agile development projects - 4 years
- Experience performing scope management for projects, including a disciplined
- change control - 5 years
- Experience performing issues management across multiple departments - 5 years
- Experience creating and executing implementation plans - 5 years
- Experience in delivering excellent verbal and written communication with clients
- and technical staff - 5 years
- Preference will be given to candidates with PMP or other certification - 3 years
- Understanding of SEI Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) - 3 years
- IT Development Project Management experience - 5 years
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/