Jackson, MichiganGas Construction Manager #883895
- The Construction Manager (CM) is responsible for monitoring and managing the safety, scope, cost and schedule during the construction phase for a project and reports directly to the Project Manager (PM). All project team members, including contractor or company employees, assigned to the construction phase of a project report to the CM.
- The CM, with appropriate subject matter experts input, assures that the project construction adheres to applicable codes and specifications either company generated or industry standards.
- Facilitates pre-construction meeting emphasizing safety and communicates any schedule or construction recommendations with PM.
- Oversees pre-fab and onsite construction - monitors project safety, scope, quality, risk, schedule, and budget.
- Reports progress daily to the PM.
- Supervises contract inspectors and resolves issues including material, construction and scheduling conflicts.
- Coordinates the testing and start-up of installed equipment, develops punch list and obtains signoff of the turn over check list from the Field Leader (FL).
- Assists PM in providing O&M manuals and asset lists (form 300) to the responsible parties.
- Ensures as-built redline drawings are submitted to Engineering.
- Emergency plan redlines are turned over to Records Management, Engineering, Field Operations and Gas Control with acknowledgement of receipt from Gas Control prior to in-service.
- Compile and submit close out documentation consistent to standard format provided by PM.
- Gas Operations
- Experience and knowledge of gas facilities construction
- Knowledge of field operations
- Knowledge of equipment operations
- Conflict Management
- Record Management
- Decision Making
- Integrity and Trust
- Managing and Measuring
- Priority Setting
- Ability to qualify for required tasks under the PHMSA/MEA operator qualification rules.
- Understanding of the Michigan Gas Safety Code and Federal Part 192 gas facilities standards.
- Bachelor's degree or applicable experience
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/