Detroit, MichiganIT Software Engineer 4 #883945
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
- Implement system software and customize to client requirements
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Code new programs to client’s specifications and create test data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 8-10 years experience required
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design large systems software design and development experience
- Experience performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems
- experience in programming and experience with problem diagnosis and resolution
We are looking at a senior consultant who have the below skills
Must have skills:
- RsLinx, Kepware (PLC communication and integration)
- OPC (protocol/comm with PLCs) – DA and UA protocols to be specific
- Good SQL and PL/SQL understanding (not at the DBA level)
- Worked with or has good understanding of IIS/Web services
- Worked with or has good understanding of plant floor/Real time systems
- Worked with applications which have multiple integration points
- Experience in reviewing legacy applications and proposing modernization plans
And as far as personality goes – someone who can reach out and collaborate with teams and personnel both software developers, as well as business folks.
- Document and provide an executive summary of end-to-end architecture of system and all integration points
- Document and provide an executive summary of current system gaps and risks
- Document and provide an executive summary of proposed short-term plans to address security and technical debt risks and concerns
- Document and provide an executive summary of proposed long term solution options
- Someone who can help execute some of the pieces of the short term plan, putting in places solutions to address gaps
Top 3 must-have hard skills
- C#, RsLinx, Kepware (PLC communication and integration), OPC (protocol/comm with PLCs) – DA and UA protocols to be specific
- Good SQL and PL/SQL understanding (not at the DBA level), Worked with or has good understanding of IIS/Web services, Worked with or has good understanding of plant floor/Real time systems
- Worked with applications which have multiple integration points, Experience in reviewing legacy applications and proposing modernization plans
Bachelors required, exceptions for the right candidate.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/