Lansing, MichiganSystem Analyst #884195
- "This role is responsible for the gathering of requirements and design documents of software, SQL databases and security solutions, that will support the Modernization of Office of Retirement Services systems.
- This includes the Clarety application, the Employer Self Service (ESS) application, the miAccount application and the Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management system.
- The goal of this position is to create flexible and reusable test plans to verify the functional and performance of the redesigned applications against the requirements.
- QA Testing Automation Analyst: Identify the requirements, design and test plan documentation for changes to our application software systems.
- Participate in all project stand-ups, requirements sessions, user design meetings, test planning sessions, and product demonstrations.
- Experienced test analyst able to develop robust test plans for approval by the project, business and QA teams.
- Experience working within an Agile SDLC methodology.
- Follows both the State and industry best practices for quality assurance.
- Understands testing automation to help identify test cases that can and should be automated.
- Understands testing cycles to help identify the context of the test plans (functional, performance, security, acceptance and regression).
- Able to engage the test automation group to efficiently automate test plans and to identify test data.
- Able to identify and document application performance requirements, including load parameters and service-level agreements.
- Able to identify application security requirements, and to coordinate security scans with the project team.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected."
- Knowledge of Java, J2EE, WebSphere development technologies. Flexibility to work with other technologies
- Experience writing Structured Query Language (SQL) to identify and create test data
- Experience in Smoke, Regression, functional and performance testing criteria
- Experience performing user story sessions with customers
- Experience developing success criteria during the developmnet of user stories
- Experience with documenting test plans, both manual and automated, to validate positive and negative validation criteria
- Experience with providing requirements/user story traceability reports
- Experience with providing requirements/user story test coverage metrics
- Experience with the Agile SDLC methodology utilized in the development of new systems and enhancements
- Experience providing test effort estimations and daily stand-up status reports
- Experience working with developers to identify risk areas within the application that may require additional testing
- Experience in running smoke tests for each deployment/release
- Ability to evaluate and document test results, including defect reporting and management
- Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of IT coworkers and users
- Ability to prepare detailed written instructions and technical documentation using industry best practices
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines and diagnose and resolve complex problems quickly
- Other technologies as identified through discovery
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Azure Devops for application development.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience with large, complex web-based applications.
- Experience with Microfocus Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- Experience with Microfocus LoadRunner
- Experience with testing automation tools
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/