Jackson, MichiganIT Support Specialist I #887055
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
The Business Partner Services (BPS) team within the Information Technology department works exclusively within the desktop environment and is responsible for supporting internal customers across multiple locations throughout the Consumers Energy territory. A strong understanding of customer service is essential, as all work generated in this space will directly impact internal business customers.
This role will be working with our business partners, hiring managers, and desktop support teams. You will be ensuring the company new hires have their computing equipment on their first day. You will also be responsible for doing Quality Audits for phone calls and tickets, identifying trends, updating knowledge documentation, and working with leadership on process updates.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with business partners and desktop support teams to ensure new hires have equipment for their first day of work
- Coordinate with HR and hiring manager on start date and shipment location
- Ensure desktop support team ships out devices prior to new hire start dates
- Review IT Service Desk calls and tickets to ensure they are meeting expected performance
- Identify trends in calls or tickets
- Behavioral issues
- Knowledge gaps (missing or requiring update)
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Review escalations to improve processes or knowledge documents
- Assist management in developing coaching plans
- Provide weekly metrics report for IT Service Desk, Desktop Support teams, and knowledge management
- Assist with ITSM tool enhancements or changes
- Review multiple sources to develop or update knowledge documents
- Work with other departments to update their documentation to assist with CE Virtual Agent
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve; further, make effective decisions based upon troubleshooting techniques
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to translate technical terms into easily understood concepts for business users
- Operate in a results-oriented manner: provide reliable and dependable customer service at all times
- Be aware of the business and its customers and work in a way that supports their needs; practice patience and empathy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized manner
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to learn new technologies
- Experience using business applications including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/