IT Software Engineer 5 #886731
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
We are finding ways to bring your digital life into your car and your car into your digital life. One way is with your phone. Our vehicle apps provide new ways to connect with your vehicle. Among other things, you are able to see diagnostic information and start your car from your phone, watch, and interact with services in your vehicle using CarPlay and Android Auto. You can help determine what it will do next! With 4G LTE connected cars becoming available in Europe as well as North America.
As a team member, you will be involved in all aspects of developing new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP). In this highly collaborative, multi-functional, and Agile environment, you will…
- Build industry leading mobile apps for connected vehicles on a global scale
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
- Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
- Test-drive code (Test Driven Development)
- Pair program with different people in many situations
- Report status of assigned software development tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as functional/acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members.
- Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations
Required experience and skills
- Should be able to develop low level design and lead a team of mobile developers.
- Be a guide to junior mobile developers.
- BS in Computer Science or other related field of study and applicable work experience
- 6+ years of experience on a team developing: React Native, native Android, or native iOS apps.
- 6+ years of experience as a software developer on production project
- Designing and writing software technical specifications, writing software code and performing unit testing
- Applying current technology to solve technical problems and ensuring system and application performance is optimized
- Working with business units to improve efficiency and remove barriers in applications
- Working with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates
- Maintaining coding standards to facilitate code maintenance and enhancement
- Providing deep systems support (programming, architecture, system analysis) for the Applications team
- Documenting processes and development projects
Preferred mobile experience - in one or more of the following platforms
- Experience on a team developing React Native app(s) available in the app store
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks such as Jest and UI testing frameworks like Detox
- Experience with Redux Sagas for state management
- Experience developing bridges to native components
- Experience with IntelliJ, React Native Debugger
- Experience developing apps that interact with Web Services (REST, JSON) – Axios is a plus
- 6+ years of experience on a team developing native Android app(s) available in the Google Play store
- Experience with Java 8 and RX Java in a production application
- Experience developing apps that interact with web services (REST, JSON) – Retrofit is a plus
- Experience with frameworks such as Dagger and design patterns such as MVP, Singleton, Factory
- Experience with native Android HIG and UI development best practices – Android Material Design
- Experience with data persistence frameworks such as Realm or Active Android
- Experience with Android Studio
- Experience with the publishing process for Google app store
- Experience with Android Auto is a plus
- Experience with Google Play Services is a plus
- 6+ years of experience on a team developing native iOS app(s) available in the App Store
- Experience with Swift and Objective-C in a production application
- Experience developing apps that interact with web services (REST, JSON) – AF Networking and Mantle are a plus
- Experience with native iOS HIG and UI development best practices including a deep knowledge of UIKit and AutoLayout
- Experience developing for Apple Watch or CarPlay are a plus
- Experience with the publishing process for the iOS app store
Preferred experience and skills
- Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment; financial industry experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience/responsibility for design and architectural decisions of app
- Proven knowledge and practical application of design patterns
- The ability to identify and write appropriate tests leveraging mocking/spying frameworks for isolation of the subject component
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
- Experience with notification platforms such as FCM, APNS
- Experience developing location-based services with MapKit, Google Maps or similar framework
- Experience in Jenkins, Fastlane, and Fabric for continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for Agile Development
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- A high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, and a strong technical learning capability.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/