Auburn Hills, MichiganQuality Engineer #888991
The SLQM handles quality undertakings during the serial life of a Powertrain Family Program or Propulsion Generation to ensure that Quality product/system targets are achieved on a worldwide perimeter. For that, the Serial Life Quality Manager is expected to carry out the following activities and responsibilities:
- Build and Drive the quality convergence plan per product to achieve the objectives defined by the quality contracting authority (CX).
- Make a projection of quality results of his field of activity. Breakdown indicators, warranty claims (3MIS - 12 MIS & 24 MIS), warranty costs (24 MIS & 60 MIS) and other CX kpi
- Mobilize all stakeholders for all field issues in coordination with Quality Plant Managers, Supplier Quality and Control Tower and manage escalation process to ensure efficient and fast responsiveness for quality issues.
- For overseas applications to mobilize and coordinate core team when dealing with TOP10 core engineering issues from the Regions.
- Manage treatment of the portfolio of Engineering Quality issues (QIT) , insure the records in GIM/PLM,
- Support the Issue Engineering pilot with all quality data, methodologies ( problem solving), reports ( one pager).
- Ensure that production non-conformities are handled by the factory quality services.
- Make the quality synthesis for warranty tables, FEW , ECI CX meetings
- Establish with Safety expert the Risk Assessment in the case of a "Safety Alert Sheet".
- Identify potential service campaigns, elevate to CX Field action organization for instruction and decision
- Ensure that Lesson Learned elements from serial life quality are taken into account by projects under development
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering at an accredited college.
- 3-5 years experience on Quality, Mechanical, Electrical fields with project management handling knowledge
- 90% remote with some travel to CTC. Candidates must be somewhat local.
- Problem solving skills, quality process, product design (system, architecture), industrial skills, project work, cooperation context control
- Ability to convince, communicate, manage the handling of quality issues
- Ability to analyze risks and their consequences
- Ability to mobilize and lead transversal teams Autonomy and flexibility to learn new toolings and procedure Rigourness ability
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/