Dearborn, MichiganData Scientists Analysts #889550
- The role of the Data Factory Analyst is an important enabler of the development of Company’s Data Factory and the Certified Data Supplier framework.
- This framework is used to educate upstream software development teams on our requirements, including Data Quality, Standardization and expected Service Level Agreements.
- A successful candidate for this position will be able to clearly communicate those requirements and then work with development teams to comply with them while minimizing costs and elapsed time.
- The Data Factory Analyst will ensure that overall data standards, information interoperability, data quality, and data availability fully support the goals of the Certified Data Supplier framework.
- The Data Factory Analyst works closely with GDI&A Data Factory teams, GDI&A Data Science teams, IT product owners, business owners, and external solution partners to drive alignment and delivery of the Certified Data Supplier framework.
- The Data Factory Analyst provides thought and technology leadership as a data SME in GDI&A for the Certified Data Provider framework.
- Develop and document processes to operationalize the Certified Data Provider data management framework at Company
- Work with IT Product Owners, external partners, and Data Factory partners to land & manage data sources
- Provide expertise in solution design required to deliver business objectives
- Manage business information issues and problem resolution processes Complexity, Innovation & Technical
- Excellence: Drive for results - Persevere and persist in situations with multiple objectives and multi-variable problems
- Think flexibly with challenging financial, technical and project management constraints Relationship Management: Support alignment between business, IT, and GDI&A stakeholders to drive results (issue resolution, risk mitigation)
- Provide feedback to other GDI&A groups regarding processes and standards, readily sharing best practices
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, and the ability to energize a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated problem formulation with the ability to take complex problems and break them down to create and implement an action plan
- Experience gathering customer requirements and defining data solutions and standards
- Experience working in Hadoop, particularly with HDFS and Hive
- Experience with RDBMS solutions (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Streaming Data (Kafka, MQTT, etc.)
- Experience working with agile software development teams or processes
- Experience working with product/project management software (Rally, Jira)
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform or comparable cloud-native solutions
- Minimum three years of progressive responsibilities managing data and data processes in an IT or data science organization.
- Five or more years of progressive responsibilities managing data and data processes in an IT or data science organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Business Analytics, Analytics, Operations Research or business/technical equivalent
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/