Detroit, MichiganAssociate Project Manager #889673
- Guides and coaches the team to follow Agile/Scrum practices including daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, code reviews, and appropriate decision making methods.
- Guides and coaches the team to become self-organized and efficient.
- Helps the team assess their ‘Scrum Maturity’ and higher levels of maturity including the establishment of a target velocity and metrics reporting.
- Manages and prioritizes the product backlog and resolves impediments that interfere with sprint schedules.
- Is responsible for supporting and coaching the Product Owners and Business Partners on Agile/Scrum practices.
- Assist in the management of various business and system related projects of a highly complex nature.
- These projects could be technical or functional in nature; most often, they are cross-departmental.
- Manage portions of these projects or smaller projects in their entirety.
- Support Corporate Business Units (CBU) and the Information Technology (I/T) Department in achievement of their strategic goals by assisting in the timely and cost effective delivery of all projects with a professional, motivated, customer focused, and winning manner.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Planning:
- Assists in the definition and negotiation of Project Scope and Deliverables.
- Assists in the identification of costs and benefits of the project.
- Assists in the planning and staffing of projects.
- Assists in the planning and scheduling of user training related to the project's implementation.
- Assists in the documentation and communication of process models, project scope, deliverables and commitments.
- Assists/or lead on all of the above items on portion for large project or small project
- Project Execution:
- Produce project status reports, time lines, budget reports, and project metrics.
- Monitor progress, change control, issue resolution.
- Manage scope change, issue resolution, and negotiate change in deliverables.
- Ensure appropriate documentation for user manuals, training materials.
- Provide feedback to line manager on team member performance.
- Provide post implementation support.
- Provide post implementation project review.
- Project Management Process Ownership:
- Recommend and implement process changes to increase project and Corporate Program Management Office (CPMO) execution performance.
- Ensure leadership and internal and external resources assigned to projects learn and practice HAP’s Project Management Methodology.
- Customer Service:
- Partner with management to champion projects that support HAP’s Strategic Vision.
- Ensure that all support and services delivered to the customers are completed with high quality, appropriate functionality, and in a timely cost effective manner.
- Ensure that all projects meet or exceed commitments made to the customer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Related and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of academic requirements. Related experience is defined as six (6) years of experience within IT, and/or Project Management.
- Two (2) years of project management experience in running projects that impact people, process, or technology.
- Three (3) years of information systems experience in computer related areas such as network,
- internet, intranet and client server application development, including new product implementation.
- Additional experience in Project Management, Risk Management, Customer Service, Project/Resource Planning, Metrics Reporting with exposure to other Information Technology activities such as Systems Design, Application Development, Web Design or Client Server Implementation.
- One (1) years of managed care/insurance related business preferred.
Firm commitment to pursue Project Management Institute Certification within two (2) years.
Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors as outlined in the Customer Service Policy and summarized below:
Must possess the following personal qualities:
- Be self-directed
- Be flexible and committed to the team concept
- Demonstrate teamwork, initiative and willingness to learn
- Be open to new learning experiences
- Accepts and respects diversity without judgment
- Demonstrates customer service values
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Normal office environment with minimal exposure to noise, dust, or extreme temperatures.
- Sedentary – Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for periods of time and typing.
- Talking – Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing – Perceiving the nature of sounds
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other related field.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/