Irvine, CaliforniaTechnical Writer #889821
Organize, write, and publish functional, operational, instructional, and maintenance documentation using established standards for format, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Participate in reviews to validate technical data, and ensure customer standards and requirements are achieved.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES % OF TIME:
- Write, revise, proofread a variety of technical documents to include, but not be limited to, System/Customer Requirements, Crew Graphical Requirements, Interface Control Documents, Usability graphical requirements, System Certification, and
- System Safety Analysis in support of In-Flight Entertainment and Communications (IFEC).
- Interface with Engineers and other personnel as necessary to gather supplemental information.
- Coordinate work activity status and schedule to achieve customer requirements and delivery schedules.
- Tracks and monitors flow of all documents from inception to release/distribution of final copies also manages all revisions.
- Provide quality assurance check for all document deliverables. Verify the accuracy of technical documents by assisting others in performing accuracy check of prepared data and providing direction to graphics design on the preparing of technical illustrations.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to use enterprise software applications and specialized database or automated publishing and/or graphics tools.
- Learn to use professional concepts and apply company policies and procedures to resolve basic and routine tasks.
- Apply existing practices and procedures to analyze situations or data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have solid oral and written communication with excellent English, spelling, and grammar. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Completion of related trade school program, AA, or equivalent external training.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in technical writing, product documentation
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/