Austin, TexasProduct Owner 5 #885471
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
The Product Owner is a member of the Agile Team responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team. The Product Owner has a significant role in maximizing the value produced by the team and ensuring stories meet the user’s needs and comply with the Definition of Done. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the Agile Team, including working with Product Managers, Business Owners, and Stakeholders.
The main activities of the role are:
- Preparation and Participation in PI Planning - As a member of the extended Product Management Team, the Product Owner is heavily involved in program backlog refinement and prep for Program Increment (PI) planning and plays a significant role in the planning event itself.
- Before the planning event, the Product Owner updates the team backlog and typically reviews and contributes to the program vision, Roadmap, and content presentations.
- The Product Owner is involved with story definition, providing clarifications necessary to assist the team with their story estimates and sequencing.
- The entire Agile team, which includes the Product Owner, also work together to determine their team PI objectives for the upcoming PI.
- Maintaining the team backlog - The Product Owner has the primary responsibility for building, editing, and maintaining the team backlog. Consisting mostly of user stories, it also includes defects and enablers.
- Backlog items are prioritized based on user value, time, and other team dependencies determined in the PI planning event and refined during the PI.
- Iteration Planning - The Product Owner reviews and reprioritizes the backlogs as part of the prep work for the Iteration Planning, including coordination of dependencies with another Pos.
- During the iteration planning event, the PO communicates story detail and priorities and ensures the team aligns and agrees on a final iteration plan.
- Participate in team demo and retrospective – Product Owners collaborate with their team and any other stakeholders in the team demo.
- They also participate in the Iteration Retrospective, where the teams gather to improve their processes and are active in the Agile Release Train’s (ART’s) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
- Development of business process models, business requirements, user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlogs
- Partners with the business community to develop comprehensive user acceptance testing/training plans and ensuring the application pushed to production successfully
- Investigates business issues and data challenges
- Coordinates with the Business on Problem and Incident Management with minimal supervision
- Responsible for project business value/return on investment for projects led
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating company values and cultural behaviors. Models company behaviors and creates a winning culture.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Development of business process models, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlog
- Serves as the requirements liaison between the business community and the Agile teams
- Makes recommendations on what projects/initiatives should be pursued
- Perform research on new ideas / initiatives the organization may want to pursue
- Assists with identifying/selecting the best talent.
- Responsible for directing and prioritizing work, managing performance, and providing guidance / coaching to team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in various fields of study are applicable. Computer Science, Engineering, marketing, project management or equivalent experience
- 5+ experience in a product owner or equivalent role
- Ability to set and balance priorities efficiently.
- Ability to advocate for partners and ensure efficiencies of implementation across departments
- Some knowledge of software development lifecycles (SDLC) and activities.
- A clear ability to manage a range of different personality types in a facilitative and mature manner
- Positive relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organization.
The Product Owner will be responsible for building applications in mobile app environment.
Working in SAFe Agile environment they will be setting the strategy for current and future features/products and presenting the product to stakeholders.
Many of the duties involve traditional Product Owner and Scrum/Agile activities such as:
- Collaborate with Product Manager, UX team, business stakeholders, and development teams to define the Product Backlog and Product Roadmap by way of User Stories, storyboards, wireframes, and other software design artifacts.
- Ensure continuing engagement with development team during the product development lifecycle in order to provide User Story (requirements) clarification and immediate feedback upon completion.
- Coordinate and facilitate necessary interactions in order to obtain answers, provide direction, or eliminate impediments during product development.
- Lead all scrum ceremonies, including backlog refinement, sprint planning, stakeholder demos, and team retrospective.
- Experience Working with mobile apps is highly preferred
- Experience working in a large team
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/