Okemos, MichiganSenior SAS Programmer #890088
Work as a member of the Reporting and Data Management team supporting a large conversion project. Programmer will create Excel and PDF reports using Base SAS as described by project requirements documents and test system components as needed.
- Participates in requirements and design sessions, then develops and implements new system components or fixes to resolve system defects using business intelligence software and related tools.
- Reads and understands business requirements, seeks clarification to unclear requirements, follows standard change control and configuration management practices and conforms to departmental application development standards and systems life cycle.
- Incorporates source code reuse wherever possible.
- Sets up and executes component tests as well as tracks and documents system defects.
- Participates in software design and programming reviews.
- Recommends improvements to design and programming standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field and five years' related work experience in applications design and programming.
- Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Position requires 5+ years of advanced knowledge of SAS programming and administration
- 3+years of relational database concepts and SQL
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Self-Starter, ability to communicate equally with business and technical staff
- Experience in the insurance industry, specifically with the health care industry.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/