Warren, MichiganIT Software Engineer 3 #890063
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
The IoT MQTT DevOps Engineer role will involve close interaction with the entire CORE scrum team, systems architect, infrastructure architect, security architect, development team leaders, business team members and other members of the development team working across organizations. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. This role requires strong DevOps skills to deliver customized MQTT solutions. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to enhance our safety related applications while maintaining their continuous availability.
What You Need
Applicants must have strong experience in DevOps:
- 4-year college degree preferably in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, mathematics.
- 5+ years’ experience as DevOps Engineer
- 3+ years’ experience working with agile development environment and DevOps culture
- 3+ years' experience working closely with IT infrastructure delivery teams to install and configure virtual servers in data centers with minimum or no supervision
- 1+ year experience configuring IoT MQTT systems with Apache Pulsar
- Work closely with the vendor teams to install and configure MQTT product in our data centers
- Identify and develop deployment automation scripts which can be re-used
- Develop technical documents to show current production views
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure applications are working properly with MQTT configurations
- Provide DevOps support to complete performance tests
- Hands on experience to configure monitoring tools on MQTT broker
- Expertise in tuning the parameters for IoT MQTT broker
- Having knowledge of highly complex deployment architecture to support live MQTT traffic
- Investigates IT system integration problems and provides technical input in problem resolution
- Build, maintain and improve current backend services infrastructure
- Explore new technologies and enrich our technological stack
- Actively participate in technical discussions and deep dives with Architectural group
- Experience working with highly automated CI and CD pipelines
- Experience with ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana
- Experience supporting applications in production
What is Even Better
- Experience with SAFe Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- At least 5+ years relevant work experience
- Demonstrates Being Bold, Be inclusive, Innovate now, It’s on me and One Team behaviors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to effectively communicate and translate requirements into solutions using design documents and diagrams
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- Experience with monitoring tools, application performance tuning and effectively root causing problems and communicate solution to cross functional teams.
- Ability to function with new technologies
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/