Lansing, MichiganGIS Analyst #890146
- The GIS Data Architect under the Enterprise Section reports to the Michigan Department of Technology, Management, and Budget (DTMB) Agency Services supporting the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT).
- This position will work with Enterprise Application Architect and Enterprise Data Architect.
- This position will be partnering with MDOT’s GIS Team, MDOT application Business leads and MDOT Information Stewards.
- This position will collaborate with GIS data authors and consumers, Center for Shared Solutions (CSS) GIS Administrators, Roads & Highways specialists, MDOT SDE (Spatial Data Engine) Geodatabase Administrators, information management staff, solution developers and business domain stakeholders, such as information managers, data stewards and business analysts.
- The MDOT GIS Architect will be the key resource in integrating MDOT applications to the ESRI Roads and Highways for GIS data.
- The duty of this position involves understanding the data collected in Roads & Highways Database, MDOT’s SDE environment and data needs of MDOT’s applications.
- It also includes identifying the differences and driving towards accuracy, standardization, and synchronization.
- This position will assist the annual migration of MDOT applications while working towards the new and improvised migration process.
- This position will participate in key meetings involving GIS data as a DTMB Agency Service representative and speaks to the GIS needs of consumer applications.
- This position will also be responsible for managing the ArcGIS License manager which involves setup, update of the MDOT’s ESRI License manager, and adding of licenses periodically.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in GIS-IT and enterprise data architecture.
- Minimum of 2 years integrating GIS systems built on relational databases with other applications (built in-house and vendor).
- Ability to quickly comprehend the GIS needs of applications and develop smart data solutions to deliver the data.
- Expert level experience with ESRI ArcGIS products such as ArcCatalog, ArcMap or ArcPro.
- Experience building model data workflows to extract, transform and load GIS data using ArcGIS
- Model Builder is a must. (Experience on Spatial ETL tools such as Safe FME will be a plus.)
- Experience using the ESRI Roads and Highways Database and ESRI Versioned/non-Versioned Datasets.
- Knowledge in Python Programming using the ArcPy and ArcGIS Python API.
- Demonstratable experience in building GIS integration capabilities (feature or web service based) with applications.
- Knowledge and proven skills in MS SQL Server Spatial and Oracle Spatial.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate at all levels of the organization.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/
State of Michigan
Candidate Cover Sheet
Please attach completed form as an additional document with the candidate resume in dotStaff™. This form is required for all IT staff augmentation positions with the State of Michigan. If required fields on this form are not completed, the candidate may be withdrawn from consideration.
*Candidate Availability for In Person interview:
*Current Location of Candidate (City, State):
*Is candidate through a sub vendor:
If yes, sub vendor name:
*Earliest availability to start if selected:
*Key engagements over the last two years:
*Has candidate ever worked at the State:
If yes, what department and division:
If yes, dates of employment at the State:
*Does candidate have any relatives working at the State:
If yes, list their name(s) and department(s):
*Describe how past work experience relates to this position:
By typing my name below, I have validated that all the information contained in the Candidate’s resume related to technical skills and experience is accurate.
Vendor Representative Name: Click or tap here to enter text. Date: Click or tap here to enter text.