Auburn Hills, MichiganProduct Engineer-Chassis Systems #888094
Product Engineer – Chassis suspension cradles, crossmembers, and sub-frames is responsible for the design, development, and validation of chassis structural components. The position will include all aspects of the upfront component design to ensure all system and vehicle level functional objectives are met and also performing the component and system level validation testing.
Other aspects of the job include managing overall release of the components including the Bill of Material, CAD drawings, Design Verification Plan, and physical testing. Additional duties will include management of the cradle supplier, issuing engineering change notices, reviewing/approving FMEAs, DVP&Rs, vehicle build support, issue resolution and PPAP.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Structural engineering or equivalent is required from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience related to the design of chassis structural parts.
- Ability to use logical thinking to construct work plans to resolve complex issues with conflicting requirements across multiple organizations.
- Must have ability to work effectively within a team environment and be able to perform job responsibilities with little supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint).
- Strong written / verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering or MBA
- Previous experience with the design, validation and manufacturing of stamped steel components, welded assemblies, and castings.
- Basic understanding of Team Center and NX and ability to function in those systems to support day to day responsibilities.
- Technical understanding of virtual design of structural components - CAE analysis for Fatigue, NVH, and Impact.
- Experience with Stellantis release systems.
Notes: Position is currently remote however candidates must be local.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/