Lansing, MichiganBusiness Analyst #890737
Seeking a Business Analyst to assist with the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) Grants Management System.
- We are looking for someone who understands and has experience with the software development lifecycle as they will be managing work requests to support operational support needs for web applications and gather requirements for project initiatives.
- This role is the liaison between the technical team and the business client.
- This will be about 90% of the time for this resource.
- The selected candidate will have experience in both Agile and Waterfall SDLC.
- Facilitates meetings with the technical team and business client.
- Gathers requirements and project specifications using Waterfall methodology.
- Track sprints and ticket progress in Azure DevOps
- Ensures the team is adhering to the department change management policies
- Maintains documentation on the project Sharepoint Site
- Must be detail oriented.
- Acts as scrum master for daily standups and other scrum artifacts.
- Ideal candidates would be interested in transitioning into a full time
Possession of a Bachelor's degree with 21 semester (32 term) credits in one or a combination of the following: computer science, data processing, computer information systems, data communications, networking, systems analysis, computer programming, information assurance, IT project management or mathematics.
Possession of an Associate's degree with 16 semester (24 term) credits in one or a combination of the following: computer science, data processing, computer information systems, data communications, networking, systems analysis, computer programming, information assurance, IT project management or mathematics.
Skill - Required / Desired- Required Years of experience
- Exposure to Complex IT web Applications, within the past 5 years - Required - 2 Years
- Experience in a role, as a business analyst, supporting a software development project, in the past 5 years – Required - 2 Years
- Ability to conduct meetings, communicate at a level appropriate to the audience, make oral and written reports and presentations – Required - 1 Years
- Experience in a professional office environment - Required - 2 Years
- Proficiency with MS Office Required - 2 Years
- Knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle - Highly Desired - 1 Years
- Experience working as a liaison between the development team and project manager or business client in a software development project - Required- 6 Months
- Project management skills and knowledge in project management and related methodologies - Nice to Have - 6 Months
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/