Jackson, MichiganTSM IT Project Coordinator #890730
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
The IT Project Coordinator works under a Project Manager and assists with IT projects by supporting, and assisting all aspects of a project - from origination through the final implementation and closing, while ensuring governance process adherence and project continuity. The Project Coordinator is responsible to work with the Project Manger to report on project budgets, assist with keeping schedules up to date, and helping with resource planning.
The IT Project Coordinator may be responsible for updating project plans and teamwork assignments. The IT Project Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, coordinating resource needs, and maintaining associated risks, issues and change requests appropriately. The IT Project Coordinator will provide feedback to the Project Manager and the Technology, Strategy & Management (TSM) Project Manager Team Lead for recommendations for process improvement and for capturing lessons learned for sharing across the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist and support the Project Manager in their daily duties
- Accountable for successful project delivery in conjunction with the Project Manager where success is defined in partnership between the IT and Business Partners, with a focus on efficiency and Business Partner satisfaction
- Aid with the creation and maintenance of project artifacts, such as project plans, metrics, team and stakeholder communications, resource requirements and schedules
- Monitor and report project performance to the Project Manager against the project plan
- Support the Project Manager with the project risk, issue and change control process
- Ensure projects follow all company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards
- Take and distribute meeting minutes
- Create presentation materials
- Collection/documentation of lessons learned
- Health check/gate coordination
- Track and report project progress
- Follows up on assignments in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with an ability to understand the long-term ("big picture")
- Experience creating work breakdown structure (WBS) - translate requirements into tasks
- Experience with task scheduling and resource assignment using MS Project
- Experience with project management practices and tools to create, manage, and track project performance, cost, verify scope
- Experience with adhering to a Quality Assurance process
- Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills - the ability to conceptualize complex business and technical issues into comprehensible models and templates.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT and business personnel.
- Willingness to address challenging issues with a positive, solution focused approach.
- Actively looking for opportunities to expand project management skills
The following skills and experience will set you apart from others:
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification
- Energy industry background that includes a working knowledge of effectively mapping technology to business challenges
- Ability to use MS Project to create schedule, resource planning
- Agile methodology experience
- Knowledge of lean concepts and the quality system framework
- A bachelor's degree is required; preferred field of study in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other IT-related area, Business or related
- 3+ years of experience working in an enterprise-size IT environment, including 2+ years as an IT Project Coordinator
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/