AlpharettaSenior Systems Engineer, VRFB #890827
The Vanadium Redox Flow Battery (VRFB) Systems Engineer will be responsible for the architecture and operational reliability of all VRFB systems/components (VRFB products). The Systems Engineer will work closely with the VRFB product leader and the product marketing manager to broadly understand the market needs (including latent needs), competitive offerings, applications, technology trade-offs, price-performance trade-offs, manufacturing trade-offs, and other full life cycle system attributes. The Systems Engineer will synthesize said knowledge to propose and direct VRFB designs that optimize across the multiple dimensions of this commercial-technical space. The person will write and/or support the development of the market requirements documents (MRD) and the product technical specifications. They will also lead the VRFB project test specifications development and implementation, assuring the products meet requirements. The position will also participate in technical sales support and proposal development.
The VRFB System Engineer will assist in directing the efforts of a team of 4-6 Design Engineers for all VRFB Products. They will be responsible for defining the system architecture and producing the structured bill of materials (BOM). They must effectively help manage the interfaces between the main subassemblies and work with manufacturing teams to support the design for manufacturing assessments. In addition, they will be responsible for producing requirements definition documentation, operation and maintenance manuals, and take ownership of the overall component and product testing operations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential duties with minimal supervision and within a coordinated team environment.
- Provide direction for cross-functional team members
- Support VRFB team broadly through technical sales, field issue resolution, training, and other areas requiring system knowledge
- VRFB Product Systems Lead Functions
- Synthesize market and business requirements into an architecture/product family/portfolio
- Define common and unique components and subassemblies
- Define interfaces and elements that cross the interface
- Create functional diagrams of the product / family
- Build commercial/technical pro/con, tables, and other analysis
- Create and deliver technical product specification and requirements
- Lead D/PFMEA creation and maintain to drive down RPN score
- Lead creation of DVP&R, following testing and lead resolution of issues as failures arise
- VRFB Products include, but are not limited to
- VRFB system components including stack power assemblies, tank electrolyte assemblies, and power conditioning units.
- Power Electronics, inverters and convertors
- Specialized data acquisition equipment
- IoT / Cloud tools and services
- Energy Management Systems
- Battery Management Systems
- Module Management Systems
- Specialized electronic and control systems
- Power-by-the-Hour data collection and payment collection systems
- Unit operational monitoring and dashboards
- As needed, define skills requirements and expand the team to ensure the company has access to the proper technical skills to provide technical success.
- Deliver a team collaboration culture within the Engineering group as well as outfacing collaboration to customers and other departments.
Education, Experience, Certifications:
- Engineering degree
- Degree in Systems Design & Architecture preferred
- At least 5-10 years designing structural products, equipment, information systems and services, and electronics.
- More senior candidates will also be considered.
- Candidates with prior experience in energy storage components and/or systems are strongly preferred
- Ability to solve complex problems and handle situations with only limited direction and guidance
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good record keeping and documentation skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, and to communicate professionally with colleagues and high executives.
PC Software Knowledge:
- Computer applications knowledge in Windows environment with MS Office experience plus familiarity with operating within Google Suite
- Strong CAD/PLM experience and use. Experience with SolidWorks strongly preferred.
- Hearing, speaking, seeing, writing, standing, lifting (50 lbs.), sitting, bending, walking, and carrying
- Normal office environment is typical.
Travel, other requirements:
- Typical 25% travel within North America
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/